Page 1

I'm Skylar Jones and I'm 18. I live by myself in LA and I'm a senior in High School. I used to be TikTok famous, but that got banned... So now I'm Triller famous. It's not as exciting as TikTok, but it'll do. I didn't have any plans for college. It wasn't my thing. I was just gonna finish High School and go from there. I was sitting in class when our teacher walked in, slamming the door shut.

"Your grade counselor had broken his back falling off of an electric bicycle. So you have a new counselor for the year. His name is Mr. Gray," Mrs. Flake said.

"You mean the guy from TikTok?" My friend Cece asked.

"Yes. But he's Mr. Gray now." We went through class and lunch came. Our class was told to eat lunch in the classroom so I had packed a turkey sandwich.

"Imagine meeting Blake Gray," Cece whispered to me.

"Yeah. Don't fan girl. We have to stay chill," I said.

"Right. Mrs. Flake, can I please got to the bathroom?"

"No. Why?" Mrs. Flake came over.

"It's personal reasons."

"Is it to go meet your friends?" Mrs. Flake asked.

"No. I am bleeding from my vagina and I need to go change!" Cece snapped.

"Are you eating meat?" Mrs. Flake asked me. "Both of you go to the counselor!"

Cece stopped at the bathroom for a quick second before we went to the office.

"Great. First two kids in this horrid school," Mr. Gray muttered.

"Chill," I told him and we sat.

"What did you two do?" He asked.

"I asked my teacher if I could go to the bathroom and she said no, so I told her I was bleeding from my vagina," Cece said.

"That teacher also happens to be vegan and I was eating a turkey sandwich in front of her," I crossed my arms. Mr. Gray surprisingly kept a straight face and had us return to class. We went through school and I was in English when I was told to go down the the print room and get these papers. I didn't know where the print room was so I just walked around. "Oh, Mr. Gray. Do you know where the printer room is?" I asked.

"Um... I think it's over there," he pointed go a place that had an open door.

"Thanks," I yipped and walked in. I got the papers and went back to class. We had some stupid study packet for a test we had coming up. Our teacher gave us vocab and review tests every week and then we had an AP test at the end of the year. I didn't want to work on my packet so I hid my phone under the desk and texted Cece.

At the end of the day, I walked out to drive home and met up with Cece. Mr. Gray was behind us, but not really following.

"Did you park in the upper lot or lower?" Cece asked.

"Lower. I don't think it's worth spending $25 per day. And the busses don't come to the lower lot," I shrugged. "You going to the football game?"

"Yeah. Do you want me to pick you up?"

"Sure. And you can stay over or something." I saw Mr. Gray walking begin us, looking at his phone. He looked up and I waved. I smiled and I looked forward and accidentally bumped into one of the popular boys. His whole group came over, and Mr. Gray just watched.

"Watch where your going, runt," Geovani said.

"Do you know what an accident is?" I asked. "Of course you do. You were one." He shoved me back with a glare.

"Hey! Hands off girls. Especially my girl," Caden came over and pulled me behind him. His whole football team was ready to fight if they needed to. Geovani left and Caden looked at me. "You okay?" He asked and I nodded. He kissed me and smiled. "I'll see you at the football game. Wear my number," he kissed me again before leaving.

"Um... You know the girl who's just as popular as you? Adriana? She's coming over here," Cece said.

"You have a boyfriend?" Mr. Gray asked.

"Are you following us?" I asked.

"No. My car's in the lower lot." Adriana came over and I shouldered her. She over acted and fell against the school wall.

"Are you okay?" I heard Mr. Gray ask her.

"Yeah. She's just so mean to me," Adriana acted. "It all because her p-" I grabbed her by the hair and shoved the So her face hit the wall. Mr. Gray tried to get me off and I turned to him.

"Touch me and I swear to god, my boyfriend will beat the shit out of you," I said. "Listen, Adriana, I am better than you. Cece is better than you. You are below me! Say anything behind my back and I will attack you!" I let her go and Cece and I walked to our cars. I knew I would be in big trouble the next day.

And I was. Mr. Gray called me down to his office and gave me detention for a week with him. I went to his office after school and sat in the chair.

"You seriously can't be this strict. You were a douche," I crossed my arms.

"I would have let it go, but you threatened me. So payback," Mr. Gray said. "Work on your homework." I did and finished it all in the first hour.

"How long is this gonna be? I have to get dinner," I said.

"Call your parents or something." I went quiet at that and he didn't notice. "Then you're not hungry. You're here for another hour." I groaned and looked at him.

"Then this is gonna be torture for you, because I can be very annoying," I gave a fake smile and looked around the room. "How's Amalie?"

"We broke up."

"I know. I'm just trying to get you mad."