Home [Angst]

-----

-----

Tommy sat alone in the middle of a meadow, patches of wild dandelions sprouted from the ground.

Tommy remembered how much his friend loved these pretty, delicate flowers, he was sure they still did. His friend liked dandelions for many reasons.

Dandelions were a symbol of love and faithfulness towards someone. Tommy's friend had once gifted it to him as a sign that they'd never forget him, and that Tommy'd always have a special place in their heart. That was only the first part of his love for the petite flowers. The best and most fun part of dandelions was that you could blow them. The small, fluffy petals, like fragile, miniature umbrellas would be carried on a cooling blast of wind and be sent off to somewhere, or someone.

Tommy found it so hard to believe that someone so pure and kind would want to be friends with him, the exact opposite. He was truly blessed to have such a good friend like---

"Hey, Toms."

Tommy had been daydreaming about his friend so much that he hadn't even realised when someone took a seat beside him.

He cast a dazed look towards the speaker, and his eyes softened. "Hey, Tubbo. How's it going?"

Tubbo smiled. "It's been good, lately, but it could've been better with you."

Tommy returned the grin, and engulfed Tubbo in a tight hug.

"Clingy, you say I am." Tubbo's smile grew wider, as they cuddled his friend.

"Shut up, Tubbo." Tommy muttered into the crook of his friends neck, making them chuckle.

Tommy pushed Tubbo towards the ground, still hugging him, and burying his whole face into the crook of their neck. Their position may have seemed weird to some people, but they were best friends, and were comfortable, so they paid no mind to it.

By now, Tommy was lying belly-down on Tubbo, his grip of the hug never loosening. The older boy slung an arm over the others back, while using his free hand to stroke Tommy's fluffy, golden hair.

The both stayed in serene silence for a while, savoring each others company.

"How long?"

Tommy glanced wistfully at his friend.

"Two years."

Tubbo's brows arched down, their lips were in a straight line. Tears threatened to spill out of the corner of their eyes, but they couldn't show weakness in front of Toms, they wouldn't.

They felt the soft touch of a thumb stroking his cheeks, wiping away the glistening beads of water from their eyes.

They pulled his friend closer, sobbing their heart out into Tommy's shirt. The other didn't care, he just kept on hugging them and whispering kind words into their ear.

"Shh, it's okay, Tubbo. There's no need to cry..."

Tommy sat up and pulled his friend along. He rested his forehead on the older one's and sighed.

"Take deep breaths, Tubbo. Big, deep breaths..."

Tubbo complied and started to slow their breathing, hiccups starting to form in their throat.

Tommy wiped away the streaks of tear marks left on Tubbo's face, and gently kissed his friends forehead.

"What would people say if they saw you acting this way now?" Tubbo chuckled lightly.

"I don't care, Tubbo. All I want is for you to be safe..." Tommy grinned.

Tubbo's whole face smiled with happiness.

"I'm so glad I have a friend like you, Toms."

"I do too, Tubbo."

"I love you."

"I..." Tommy faltered as he saw his friend fade away into the air, gone with the wind.

"...love you too."

He smiled weakly as a bee landed on the back of his palm. He let it stay a while, and raised his hand up, letting the bee fly back home. He plucked a dandelion from the earth and blew it at the direction of where Tubbo had gone.

Heavily, he sighed...he didn't want to lose him again...

"Tommy."

He looked up and saw a tall man wearing a honey-yellow turtleneck and a black beanie.

"Wilbur."

Wil's eyes lessened their stern gaze as they noticed Tommy's weary looks.

"You forgot to take your pills today..."

Tommy's eyes saddened.

"I just wanted to see them one more time."

Wilbur sighed, and stared at the teenager with a mournful look in his eyes.

"You'll see them again, one day. I promise."

Tommy took one last look at the direction where the wind had taken his best friend, and stood up.

"Let's go home."