Chapter twenty three

I have never rushed home from anywhere as fast a I did. I get to my house and I practically throw off my jacket and boots. My mother rushed to me.
"Jessie where were you?!" She asked wiping her hands on her apron.
"Mother I'll tell you in a second I need to talk to Samual" I say rushing to the stairs.
"Why can't you tell me? What's wrong? What happened?!" She called as I rushed up the stairs.
"Samual!" I yell. "Samual!" I rush to his room and open the door.
"What's wrong?" He rushed to me. "What happened?!" He asked.
"Bed. Now" I sit down on his bed and he sits with me. I tell him the whole story from start to finish. He was astonished.
"So now we are together. But it's a secret just to  be safe. For now" I concluded.
"You got him" He chuckled. "After so long. You finally have him"
"I know!" I lay back on his bed smiling and sighing happing.
"So who did you tell?" He asked.
"Just you and Jane so far. But I'm not sure who billy will tell. I'll probably tell Josie if she gets annoying"
"Ok" he said. "Well I'm happy for you"
"I am too" I smile.
That evening I tell mother where I went. I decided to tell just what happened. The kiss and all. And that me and Billy where dating. She was very happy for me and so was my father. I eat dinner then help clean up afterwards. After dinner I wash up for bed and lay down. I fall asleep.

The next morning I wake up and get ready. Once I was dressed and ready for school, I head downstairs for breakfast. I make some toast and jam. I wasn't too hungry so I just had one piece. I wasn't much of a breakfast person. But once I was ready, I waited at the front door for Samual. Once he was ready we both get ready to leave. There was a knock on the door. I open it after putting on my jacket.
"Billy" I say seeing him standing there.
"Hey Jess" he walks inside.
"What's up?" Samual asked.
"I wanted to walk Jessie to school if that was ok" Billy said smiling at me as I put on my hat.
"Of course" Samual said. "Then I guess I'll leave to get a head start" He leaves the house.
Billy grabs my waist and pulls me to him. I can't help but giggle as I wrap my arms around his neck.
"You trying to get it out before school?" I ask.
"A little" he chuckled and kisses me.
I kiss back before we both pull away and leave the house walking side by side. On our way to school we chatted on our way there. Just about life and what's been going on with us. And kinda getting to know each other. He tells me about his hobbies. He said he enjoyed hockey, hunting and any other sport. I knew he was a sporty guy. I could tell.
"Hunting?" I ask.
"Yeah hunting" he said.
"What do you hunt?" I ask.
"Deer, rabbits, foxes sometimes"
"Foxes? Why foxes?"
"They hunt chickens and most of us use chickens for food"
"I see"
We get to the schoolhouse and he walks inside. I wait a few moments before walking in myself. I take off my coat and hat, hanging them up like I always do. I walk into the classroom smiling.
"Hey jess!" Jane walks to me.
"Hey!" I smile.
"Guess what!" She giggled.
"What?" I put my bag down on my desk.
"Mother said you can stay the night tonight!" She said.
"We can have a sleepover!" I say excitedly.
"Yeah! I'll walk you home like always and we can ask your mom and grab your stuff for the night"
"Perfect" I giggle.
"Yay! Can't wait!" She said.
"Me too" I realize something. I lean in and whisper "Is this for you or a disguise for something Billy wants?"
"It's for me" she whispers back.
I nod. "Sorry just making sure"
"It's ok"
"Take your seats everyone!" Mr.Philips said.
I take a seat at my spot. We started off with math. But all that was on my mind was the sleepover with my best friend. And for the rest of the day. During lunch I head outside to grab Jane and Anne's milk for them. I wanted some fresh air anyway. The second I walk out the door the boy who took my book walks up to me, I learned his name was Chris. He stops me.
"Hey brown eyes" he said.
"Is that supposed to be a pick up line or..." I ask.
He chuckled and rolls his eyes. "What are you up to?"
"Trying to grabs my friends milk" I move to the side and walk past him but he quickly gets in front of me again.
"Well you don't have Andrews to protect you today" he looks me up and down making me very uncomfortable.
"I don't need his protection" I snap and walk to the other side of him to get to the creek.
He grabs my skirt and pulls me to him. By instinct, I turn and punch him square in the face. He falls backwards into the snow before he scrambles away to the school house again.
"Ow!" I shake my fist and hold it with my other hand. "Why did that hurt so much"
I quickly rush to the creek. I knelt down and put some snow on my right knuckles. The pain subsides and I grab the milk before rushing inside. I head to the corner where we all eat our lunches. I take a seat next to Jane and hand her her milk.
"What took so long?" Jane asked. Not in a annoyed way but in a curious way.
"Sorry I just liked the fresh air" I smile, handing Anne her milk.
As I begin to eat I hear a conversation between the boys who where sitting at desks and eating lunch.
"What happened Chris?" Charlie asked. I'm guessing I made a mark on him. Maybe even made his nose bleed.
"I slipped on ice and fell on my face." He said.
The guys laugh, and I hear Billy's laugh as well. Him falling on his face must have been less embarrassing than him being punched in the face by a girl. I chuckled to myself.
"What's so funny Jessie?" Diana asked.
I look up. "Oh nothing, just thought of something funny." I smiled.