Chapter twenty five

The next morning, after a night of giggling and talking, we woke up to the sun shining through Jane's windows. Once we both wake up, we get out of bed and I grab my dress for the day to change. I go to the bathroom to change so Jane could get dressed in her own room. I get dressed in a blue dress with a white pinafore and my hair back in a braid. I slip on stockings and go back to Jane's room. I knock to make sure that Jane was ready. She says I can come in so I do. I bring my night dress to my bag and put it in. Once we where both ready, we go downstairs to the kitchen for breakfast. Her mother had made us cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
"Thanks mom!" Jane said.
"Thank you Mrs.Andrews!" I say.
We both put a cinnamon roll on a plate and grab a cup of orange juice before we sit at the table. As I began to eat I fell something tug on my braid. I turn to see a smirking Billy. I roll my eyes at him as he walks away from me. He winks at me quick before he walks into the kitchen.
Jane giggled and I look over at her. "I see he will still tease you regardless" she smiled.
"It's just in his nature" I say a little loud so he could hear me in the kitchen.
Jane giggled again before we both continue eating. The cinnamon rolls were delicious. After we where done, we bring the dishes to the kitchen. After that we sit in the living room to decide on what to do.
"We go walk around town? Get ice cream and go shopping!" I suggest.
"Sounds fun! Is your mom working today?" She asked.
"She should be" I say thinking.
"We could visit and say hi" Jane said.
"Sounds fun" I get up and we walk to her mother.
"Mother?" Jane asked. "Can we go to town today for a little bit?"
"Would her mother mind?" Mrs.Andrews asked.
"My mother wouldn't mind. As long as we aren't out in the middle of the night" I say. "And we can stop by the dress shop to see my mom"
"I suppose it's alright" her mother said.
We both get excited and we head up to her room.
"We have to look mature enough to go to town unchaperoned" Jane giggled.
"I know! Do you have a skirt separate from the top and a jacket?" I ask.
"Yeah! I have a few, for when I get older" she rushed to her closet. She takes out a few skirts. One blue, one yellow and one red.
"Can I wear the red one?" I ask.
She nodded and handed to me. "I think I brought my white blouse" I walk to my bag and I open it. I did have it. I thought I could use it if I spilled on my dress or something. I change into the skirt with the shirt tucked into it. Jane hands me the matching jacket. She change quickly as well before we both look in the mirror.
"Here let me do your hair" Jane said sitting me down. She puts my hair up in an updo with pieces out that framed my face, like always. She adds a pin to it in the back. "Done!" I get up and she sits down to do her own hair. I watch as she does it, and help every so often. Once we where both ready, we walk downstairs and show off to her mother.
Her mother smiled. "Don't you two look grown up" she smiled.
"Thank you" I smile. We both curtsy for her and she claps.
"Alright, don't stay out too late. And make sure you both stay together....maybe I should have billy go with you"
Jane looks at me. As much as I would like that, this was our time. "No thanks Mrs.Andrews. We will be fine I promise" I say.
"Alright"
I hear footsteps down the stairs and I look to see Billy. He was dressed in his normal attire.
"What's the occasion?" He asked.
"Going to town" I say.
"Unchaperoned" Jane added.
"Does mother want me to go?" He asked.
"Nope." I say. "We don't need you to tag along" I say in a fake smug way.
"Well alright then. Stay safe." He said specifically to me.
We nodded and left.

After a day of shopping, eating ice cream and just having fun. We head back home. I walk to Jane's room and change into a more comfortable dress. Once I was done, Jane changed as I head to Billy's room. He was working on something. I walk in.
"I got you something" I say.
He looks up from his desk and smiled at me. He gets up and rushed to me, kissing me passionately. I hear a gasp from outside.
"Billy!" Prissy said.
We both look at the door and I chuckled.
"No no no prissy! It's ok! We are together now" I say hugging Billy, his arms wrap around me.
"Oh thank goodness." She said.
"It's a secret" I add before she walked away.
"Anyway, what did you get me princess?" He asked.
I blush at the nickname and hand him the bag of candy. He opens it and goes through it.
"All my favorites" he said.
"I know you too well don't I" I say.
"Of course" he said.
I sigh. "Well I'm going home now.." I say sadly.
"Did you two have fun?" He asked setting the bag down.
I nodded. "We did"
"Alright. See you Monday" he hugs me tight. I hug him back. We separate and I leave the room. Grabbing my things and heading downstairs with Jane. Jane, Prissy and her mom all say goodbye and I leave the house. I turn around to the house again and I see Billy in the upstairs window. I smile and wave at him, blowing him a kiss. He smiled and blows one at me too. I giggle before I turn around and walk home.