The Meet Up

3rd pov

"Harry!" Hermione yelled

 The brown haired girl practically ran into Harry as I stepped onto platform 9 3/4. They haden't seen each other for well. . like three days. She met up with him just before they went back to school, but Ron didn't know so they wanted to keep it a secret. It's not like they did anything together, they were actually talking about their separate relationships. Trust wasn't the issue with  Ron it was just Ginny was his sister. Harry couldn't lose him, not like that.

He had had some issues regarding his relationship with Ginny. Harry felt he was drifting away looking at . . another person. No matter how hard she had tried Hermione hadn't been able to get him to tell her who.

Harry couldn't tell her, sure he wanted to, but the words wouldn't come out. Years and years of beatings and shouting matches. The words cut like knives. They healed, but he could still feel them bleeding out. He hated how scared he was. It was Hermione, his best friend his sister. But old habits die hard.

  Hermione just ranted about Ron and his manners, Harry really didn't know how she put up with him in a relationship. So it was really a 'hey I'm having a crisis help' on Harry's part but Hermione was glad to help him.

About ten minutes later Ron comes through along with his family, and Ginny. She immediately smiled at Harry and gave him a kiss on his cheek. Harry smiled but his heart wasn't in it. It felt like he was lying. He had to break up with her. But not now later. Later. He savored the love from the two Weasly parents, they were his only family he had consistently, other family was . . . away for the moment.

As they all loaded into the Hogwarts Express, Hermione, Ron, and Harry all went to one compartment and to Ginny's disappointment shut the door before she could join them. They immediately started their pointless banter about the summer, Harry was avoiding what happened to him over the summer, nothing bad a few slaps and one punch between Vernon and Dudly. And well, they shouted but that wasn't different from anything before. Hermione and Ron had good summers they hung out a lot, and enjoyed the letters Harry had sent with Hedwig.

That was the best part of Harry's summer. It was crazy, how two people can change your entire day. They were the reason he could smile at all. He imagined their faces with the letters they were. Ron and his pointless 'bloody hells ' and the way Hermione always smirks when he does it. That's something only Hermione and Harry know, that she loves it when Ron curses, and how he hates spiders. They have lots of these secrets, not intentionally. Ron is just a bit . . oblivious.

It was an easy trip, he couldn't believe he was starting his 6th year. It felt good to know that he had made it through 5 years of school, quests and bullying. 

Bullying, that brought about thoughts about Malfoy, now that was an issue. That hot head blond was the most irritating yet intriguing person he had ever met. His snarky comments, the way he cared about his friends and showed it by being a bitch, the way he cared way too much about his hai-

He stopped himself. Those thoughts were what would get him in trouble. That's where the bruises come from. That is wrong. But it's not, though Harry couldn't think like that. Not with th-

He was snapped out of his daze by Hagrid, the half giant was one of Harry's favorite people. H put on a small smile remembering his first birth day cake. The first day he felt truly happy. The day he got out of that hell hole.The smile just got wider as Hagrid started taking

"'Arry! It's so good to see you. How you've been" Hagrid exclaimed his crows feet showing on the corners of his eyes.

"Great!" Harry replied now beaming.