Herbology

A Few Months Later

No Pov

Harry had gotten used to his schedule and classes. Falling into the satisfying routine of school. The stress of school work was a comfortable thing surprisingly. It was a different stress than what he usually had to deal with. He didn't have to watch his back constantly. It's didn't swallow him whole. Itching him, watching him.

This stress only lasted so long and the relief of its departure was lightening, freeing. Besides he had Ron and Hermione and, well, Ginny.It was weird with them. Every time she did something couple-y he got awkward. Not a beginning of a relationship awkward. A I don't want to be in this situation awkward. Like when Ron wore those awful dress robes to the Yule Ball.

He needed to end it with her. Soon. It was an uphill battle and he was losing badly. He didn't even like her anymore. But Harry was scared. Scared that Ron would hate him. That the Weasley's would hate him. What breaking up with her ment admitting. 

But Ginny seemed to be pulling away too. She was spending all of her time with Luna. Harry knew they were friends but they seemed to be getting closer. At first he had been worried about Ginny being mad and ranting to Luna. But the loopy girl treated him no different, she even seemed to talk to him more.

• • • • • 

Harry walked into Herbology feeling happy. His partner in this class was Neville. So Harry got good grades and got to hang out with his friend. It's not that he was bad with the plants. But he had a hell of a time memorizing things. However when Professor Sprout announced they would be changing partners Harry's spirits dropped. 

"Okay class. Due to the . . problems some houses have faced with each other. The headmaster has decided that it is best for people of different houses to be partners. "

Everyone groaned. The Slytherin's and Gryffindor's glared at each other. Of course they knew it was both of their faults, but they wouldn't admit it.

"Moving on." Professor Sprout ignored the children, "here are the partners. "

"Hermione Granger with Pansy Parkinson"

"Ron Weasley with Blaise Zabini"

.

.

.

"And Harry Potter with Draco Malfoy"

Harry's mouth dropped open. No this was not happening. The way he already felt about the blond was too much. How was he going to survive this? Neville and him always studied together when a test was coming up. He could never ask Draco to study with him. He couldn't let Draco see him as any less than he already did.

"So Potter. " Draco had made his way over to Harry.

 " We're supposed to get to know each other for the rest of the period" Harry said not looking at the boy.

"I'm not deaf" The blond spat back.

"So. . .what's your favorite color?" Harry offered.

 "Excuse me?" Draco questioned.

"What's your favorite color?" The brunette repeated.

"What is this preschool? "

"That seems fitting for your I.Q. Level." Harry smirked.

"At least i pass my classes"

"At least I can try to start a normal conversation"

"I can just not with you! "Draco blurted, he immediately regretted the action.