karen

Harry hummed softly to himself as he intertwined his fingers with Louis'. The shorter of the two smirked at the action and spun Harry around to face him. As they stood in the middle of the sidewalk, Louis got on his toes to press his lips against Harry's.

"That never gets old," Louis muttered as he attempted to regain his breath after pulling away.

"Your lip piercing feels funny."

Louis shook his head and grinned before kissing Harry again. His fingers made their way into curly hair as painted black nails pulled him closer.

"Ahem."

The boys turned towards the sound, disappointed to be interrupted. Harry straightened his leather jacket as Louis quirked an eyebrow. The two boys had a strong reputation around town. Their mischievous attitudes helped them wreak havoc throughout the city as Harry challenged toxic masculinity, and Louis did whatever he could to agitate the homophobes.

"Can we help you?" Louis asked as he eyed the middle-aged woman in front of them.

Harry stood silently beside him with his black lipstick and perfectly manicured nails. He waved politely at the tiny girl that was holding her mum's hand.

"Don't wave at my daughter, you disgrace."

"Don't call my boyfriend a disgrace," Louis whispered, his eyes going dark.

"Are you sure that's a boy? He's wearing makeup."

Harry rolled his eyes at the comment. It was nothing he wasn't used to hearing already.

"You must be new here. I'm Harry Styles, you'll hear about me a lot, and this is my darling lover, Louis. He can be a tad scary sometimes, so I suggest you step away," Harry responded, grinning at the woman.

Louis put his arm around Harry's waist and squeezed in agreement.

"Well, I don't appreciate you promoting that behaviour in public."

"What behaviour?" Louis started. "You mean this?"

Louis wrapped his arms around Harry's neck and pulled him down into a kiss. Harry smiled into it as his own arms found their way to Louis' waist.

"Disgusting."

Her words went unnoticed as Louis tangled his fingers into Harry's hair.

"Whatever. Come on. We're going home. They'll get what they deserve."

"It was nice to meet you!"

Harry pulled away and beamed at the little girl. He crouched down to meet her height before shaking her hand.

"Hi, what's your name?"

"Olivia."

"Lovely name. Olivia, you do whatever makes you happy, okay? Even if it means being different like me and Lou. But also ignore him because right now he's lecturing your mother, and she looks quite upset."

Olivia giggled before nodding. Harry winked at her before standing up and stepping towards Louis.

"Lou, I'm bored now."

Louis grinned and waved goodbye to Olivia and her infuriated mum. Hand-in-hand they walked down the street, eagerly awaiting their next conflict.