vile or sweet

TW//Mild Homophobia

"Insane."

Harry tilted his head in confusion as he looked towards his dad. He was staring angrily at the television, evidently displeased with what he was seeing.

"The homos are legal now. I can't believe this."

Displayed on the screen was the best news of Harry's life. He smiled to himself as he reread the words in his head.

'Gay marriage has been legalized in the city of London.'

"Harry, make sure you never end up like one of them. Vile creatures."

Harry nodded, ignoring the growing pit in his stomach. It was eating away at him and threatening to expose his deepest blue-eyed secret, but he couldn't let that happen. His dad would end his life if he found out.

Yet, while he was never much of a risk-taker, when it came to love, he would risk everything.

That was seven weeks ago. Since then, Harry's 18th birthday rolled by, and he had gotten even closer with his boyfriend. He pushed through the homophobic comments from his father and kept his secrets to himself, but he couldn't handle it anymore.

He was done hiding himself and the person he loved.

"Hi, Haz," Louis muttered, as he arrived, ever aware that Harry's dad was watching from inside the house.

Harry's hands made their way to Louis' cheeks, catching him off guard. It felt like second nature to the taller boy. He felt as if the whole world had stopped, and the only thing that mattered was the heavenly creature standing in front of him. Their surroundings dissolved around them, and Harry couldn't help but sigh. The blue of Louis' eyes seemed to stand out even more as he stared into them, their beauty holding him hostage. He felt like he could spend ages diving in and out of their grace.

Louis had always loved Harry's garden. It was the physical embodiment of what he saw in his eyes. Warm and green, packed with wonder and excitement. No matter how dark the house was, the front garden would forever be a source of light and positivity. The flowers around them seemed to stand a little taller as the pair stood together.

Harry's ring-clad fingers drew circles against Louis' defined cheekbones. Louis felt warmth spread from his cheeks through to the rest of his body, swirling his heart. He craved Harry's touch, it was like an addiction, and it ate away at his stability at every passing moment. And if Harry was a drug, he would gladly add him to his collection. His eyes slipped shut, and he couldn't remember when his forehead had met Harry's. The green-eyed boy made him forget. He infected his mind and filled his head with visions of green with gold flecks and luscious locks of hair.

Soon, the passing silence had grown too much for one of the two. Louis squirmed anxiously against Harry's hands and had his hands clutched tightly onto Harry's jumper. His knuckles were blanching, matching the whites of their eyes. Louis couldn't bring himself to look away and held Harry's earnest gaze.

"Lou," Harry breathed out, his eyes now searching Louis'.

He inhaled, taking in the way Harry's lips were resting, flawlessly, in front of him. He almost missed the green eyes move tentatively to his own lips. The desperation in Louis' eyes burned into Harry's soul as he felt the tiny fists on his torso press into his skin.

Louis could see the very same look in Harry's eyes, and his heart was screaming at him to initiate the kiss. But he knew that it was Harry's moment. His moment to prove to his dad that he was worth so much more than he thought.

"Louis?"

"Yes?"

"I'm going to kiss you," Harry stated, uncertainty running under his words.

"Okay."

And as Harry hesitantly, but with heavy desire, placed his lips onto Louis', he could feel the emotion flood between the two. The fists on his waist unfurled and swiftly made their way into Harry's hair, tangling into his perfect curls. His own hands, however, tightened their hold on Louis' face. Harry had no intentions of letting go and continued to pour his soul into the kiss.

Louis didn't know how to react. He was swimming with pride as his lips danced with Harry's. It was obvious to him by the way his chest was rising and falling with great intensity that Harry was into it just as much as he was. Harry was kissing him like it was their last day on earth, and he wanted to savour every last second. So, when he pulled away, much to Louis' dismay, the tears welling up inside his eyes didn't catch Louis off-guard.

Harry's face was running red, and glossy tears were coating his cheeks. His heart was racing. He could hear his dad banging on the window, but he didn't care. For once in his life, he felt like he didn't need to worry about anything.

"I can be free, Lou," Harry whispered, shaking his head in disbelief.

"You can be free," Louis repeated through swollen lips.

Seeing Harry cry was something Louis despised. But he couldn't understand how the boy could look so beautiful as his face was glistening with his tears. So, he kissed him again. This time, it caused Harry to stumble back and make contact with the front door. The impact prompted the taller boy to let out a small "oof" as he wrapped his arms around Louis' neck. Harry's eyes widened when his lips started to move again with Louis', and he tried to match the level of intensity.

This kiss proved to be very different from the last. It was rushed and messy, but it was a kiss nonetheless. Harry tasted like salt, but Louis didn't mind, as he was too busy trying to express all of his emotions at once.

"Sweet." Harry gasped, momentarily pulling away from his partner.

Louis pouted. "Sweet?"

"Not vile. Sweet creature."

"So sweet," Louis whispered before re-attaching his lips to Harry's.