totally normal

TW//Dark themes

"You're insane! What did you do?"

"Nothing of your concern."

Louis stepped over the body and flipped the tap up. The cold water poured freely, washing away the crimson blood on his hands. He watched as it swirled down the drain and frowned at the lingering stains.

"Have you got any soap, darling? It seems we've run out," Louis asked, turning to face Harry.

"Soap? You're asking for soap? You just killed her!"

"It's important to have good hygiene, Harry."

Harry shook his head in dismay, his eyes darting between Louis and the body in front of him. He nudged her torso with his shoe and shuddered when it slumped back into place.

"So have you always, uh, been a psychopath?"

Louis pouted as he wiped his hands on his jeans. "That's a heavy accusation. I wouldn't call myself a psychopath."

"Oh, really. What would you call yourself then? A boy that murders a girl at an abandoned club?"

"No, I think I'm a boy that murders anyone anywhere."

A small smile took over Louis' face when he stepped past Harry and out of the bathroom. The club was dark and dingy. There was a faint squeaking coming from a crack in the wall and the tiniest pitter-patter of rain falling through the roof. Entirely distracted by their surroundings, Harry bumped into Louis as he stopped in the middle of the broken dance floor.

"Care to dance?"

Louis left no time for Harry to answer and instead took his hands. He placed them on his waist and started to sway. The knife in Louis' hand sat perilously close to Harry's neck as he draped his arms over his shoulders.

"So tell me, dear, what brings you here tonight?"

"Uh-"

Louis scoffed. "Well, there has to be a reason. I've never seen you here before."

Harry hesitated. The grin on Louis' face unsettled him profoundly. He inhaled as he felt cold metal brush against his neck. His heart was racing, but he believed Louis would have killed him already if he wanted to. Harry trusted his boyfriend. He trusted him with his life.

"I just wanted to see what you were up to tonight."

"You know, I haven't been caught in three years. Would you like to know why?"

Yes, he trusted him with his entire being.

"Why, Lou?" Harry whispered, ever aware of the turmoil behind Louis' eyes.

"Because no one has ever lived to see me leave."

Only one person left the club that night.

No one heard the scream.

And no one saw him leave.