【 -·=»Prologue«=·- 】

First Published December10th, 2020

ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇsᴄʀɪᴘᴛɪᴏɴ, sᴄʀᴏʟʟ...

     The year is 2027.

     During the pandemic, werewolves, vampires, and witches came forth and revealed themselves.  

     Thankfully, they didn't ended up being yet another tragic turn of events; they saved the human race from extinction and the beer virus.

     Now, the humans have more of their shit together, and the other species have already formed their own government. Damier Yanyeznaiyu sits high up as their monarch. This man has everything- but a lover- but is still busy as all hell.

Riley Kassirio is a 17 year old boy who is... gay and has a bad home life. His parents couldn't care less if he disappears.

     That's it, and thankfully now people spend less time critiquing the gays, and more time staying inside wondering where these supernaturals came from.

     He still gets bullied in school, still, by homophobes because... humans still haven't gotten all their shit together.

      Will Damier be the light in Riley's life, his savior? Will Damier be able to recover the poor boy clouded by trauma? Or will everything come crashing down?

ʜᴏᴘ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ɪɴ

-·=»‡«=·- Riley's pov -·=»‡«=·-

     Oh no- ooooh no. I have my first day of public school today.

     Oh shoot I'm scared.  I forgot to set my alarm, rookie mistake. Now, I'm late.

     The supernaturals are scary too, I guess. 

     But I mean- I'm late. As in, like, late late. Now my teachers will hate me. So, I do the only logical thing to do. Run.

     I know school is a mile away and I'm not a fast runner- but it's better than nothing! So after 8 minutes, I finally get to school. Thank god. I almost missed 2nd period.

     I make my way to the office. 

     Or try, actually. I'm lost. And I don't think I was supposed  to climb over that fence. Darn it! 

     Sooooo- what do I do?

     Climb back over the fence. Duh. I almost loose my footing a couple of times, but it's ok. I need my schedule. Now, office. I run back to the entrance, but now it's gone.

      My sense of misdirection.

     Part of the reason why I was forced to attend online school at the library. Also my parents think I'd be killed by the supernaturals because, and I quote, I'm "too pathetic and weak. I can practically smell it," and they want to keep the child support cash.

     And my aimless wondering to find the office has now put me in a tree. How the heck did I do this?!

     I'm in a tree. 

     Stuck. In a tree.

     How. Why. There are so many things wrong with this. 

     Anyway, now to get down. But here's the catch- I'm, like, 30 feet high. Knowing my sense of direction, I'll go up instead of down.

     SO. Down we go. Hopping from branch. To branch. To branch. Was very boring. By the time I got down, I was late for 3rd period. 

     Maybe I can ask for directions.

     I can't follow directions properly.

     Maybe I should just find it myself. Then, I see it. The building with the word 'office' painted in bold, blue lettering. My savior. But I have to be very careful and pay lots of attention or I'll lose it.

     Now. One step. 

     .....Two step

     .... Five step

     ... Like, ten step or something, I don't know. But I get to the office. And I step inside. And I feel like a genius.

     The office feels very modern, very sharp. The area is grey complemented by orange and blue accents, like the cushions and chairs.

     Next to the desk is a door to get to what  assume is the rest of the office. There was a very beautiful lady on the computer, typing away. She was a ginger, and had a very pretty face. Blue eyes, a chest, a waist, and lips.

     She definitely had those.

      In case you haven't noticed, I don't like describing women in detail. Or looking at someone for too long. I don't want to make women- or anyone- uncomfortable. 

     But she was pretty. She was wearing a ribbed cream turtleneck and a maroon coat.

     "Hello, how may I help you?" The pretty lady at the desk asks. 

     "Hi- uh- I'm J- N- ahm. Sorry, I'm Rile-ey, the uhm, the new.. kid?" I force out. Great. My first impression is a stuttering, disorganized mess.

     "Oh! We didn't think you were coming, hun. What held you up?" She asks. She's very pretty and very nice. "Do you have a husband?" I blurt.

     Oh no. Now she'll think I'm a nosy jerk. "No. My wife is a very kind woman though, hun. Now, where did that question come from?" She asks. 

     What? Oh. She's bad? Women can't have wives or girlfriends, Miss Macey said it's bad. So she's bad? But she doesn't seem bad? Is she manipulating me? Is she really actually bad, and kicks puppies for fun?! 

     "U-um. You're ju-st very nice-- I thought- But- you're pretty?- I'm sorry!" I blurt.

     She just smiles at me. A very sweet, understanding smile. "Thanks, hun. There's no need to apologize, you can't tell I'm a lesbian by looking at me. You have nothing to apologize for." Whoa. What? 

     Is she nice? Or is she tricking me? 

     "Now, what held you up?" she asks.

     I just stare at her in confusion. Then my brain gets to comprehending her question. "Uhm. I have a bad sense of direction?" I offer. She looks at me like I told a joke. " It's gotta be really bad to hold you back for three periods." I just nod.

     She smiles at me. Then reaches for something to her left. " I assume you came for your schedule?" She hands me a paper. Now to navigate through the school. "I'll call someone up to show you around." I nod and sit on one of the chairs. "Thank you." Then she goes on the phone to call someone up.

ꜰɪɴ