Chapter Thirty-Five

Orzala had never felt so sick before. Her stomach was churning, her head was spinning, and her body ached as if she had been run over by a komodo rhino or something. Even after Aang had given them those god-awful frozen frogs, she'd only seemed to become more ill. It didn't help that the slimy taste of the creature still lingered on her tongue.

It was for this reason that Sokka had become overly attentive. And that was how Orzala found herself curled up against his side, eyes closed as he ran his fingers through her raven hair. If she had to be honest, she found his actions rather endearing, and she wished in her heart that he would always treat her this way.

At least, she wished that until he let out a shriek, jumping up and leaving her to a face full of sand. Orzala glared at the boy as he eyed a fish that was jumping up from the lake. "Oh, he is taunting us. You are so dinner!" She clutched her head as he screeched, eyeing him angrily once more as he ran by to grab the fishing pole. When he ran back, she thrust her foot out to trip him.

She only smirked when he turned to glare at her, flashing him her middle finger as he stood. Sokka ignored her, turning toward the lake once more and attempting to cast the line. His glower deepened, however, when he realized that the fishing line was missing. "Where's the fishing line?!"

Aangs eyes widened as he glanced at the woven line in his hand. "Um... I didn't think you would need it, Sokka," he told him, showing the older boy the intricately braided necklace he had made with it.

Sokka's eyes widened as he examined it before he leaned back and pulled his hair in frustration. "It's all tangled now!" Aang quickly shook his head, shooting up to correct the boy.

"Not tangled, woven!" His gaze shot to Katara, and he looked away shyly as he began to explain. "I made you a necklace, Katara. I thought since you lost your other one..." the airbender trailed off, holding it up with a wide smile.

Katara lips twitched upward, and she took the object from him to look at it more closely. "Thanks, Aang! I love it!"

Sokka rolled his eyes, interrupting the two. "Great, Aang. Maybe instead of saving the world, you can go into the jewelry making business," he bit sarcastically, making Orzala frown. She waved her hand fluidly, sending a jolt of sand into the boy's back that sent him flying face first into the water.

"I don't see why I can't do both!" Aang quipped with a smile, shrugging when he realized he had lost Sokka's attention. The Water Tribe boy was too focused on splashing Orzala now. Or he was, until the giant green fish splashed him. That was all it took to have the boy darting deeper into the lake to chase it.

"So, how do I look?" The airbender turned at Katara's voice, gray eyes bulging as he examined her. His cheeks flushed hot, and he tugged anxiously at the collar of his shirt.

"You mean, all of you or just your neck-- because both look great!"

Sokka raised an eyebrow at the boy's words as he popped out of the water with a fish. He flashed Orzala a smirk before calling to Aang: "Smoochie smoochie! Someone's in loveeee!" He was quickly cut off when the fish whacked him in the face.

Aang turned red at the taunt, rubbing his neck as he looked back at Katara. "I- well..."

"Stop teasing him, Sokka," Katara scolded, approaching the airbender and patting his head. "Aang's just a friend. A sweet little guy, just like Momo." Orzala pursed her lips, her head falling to her hands as Aang frowned.

A sudden, loud growl echoed through the trees, making the kids jump. Orzala shot up, jade eyes darting around wildly to find a source while Aang airbended himself onto a high rock. He gasped when he found the noise. "Someone's being attacked by a platypus bear!"