Secret Friend

Danny on the side -->

*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***

                                                                           *Chapter Three*

After my calls with Danny and Ashlee everything was falling into place again...or so I thought.

     "Why do you have to ruin my life like that?!" I heard Jared yell and I ran downstairs to check on what was happening. 

     "What's wrong?" I asked a little frightened.

     "Mom wants us to move to Tennessee." Jared said 

     "I know, c'mon let's go talk." I said and pulled him out of the kitchen, but not before looking back at my mom and giving her a reassuring smile.

     "Ok, Jared. I know it's hard but we just have to deal with it...at least we're not moving in the middle of the school year well, because it's summer." I chuckled.

     "I know but I still hate it, I just don't want to leave Jess here..." 

     "Wait. Who?" I asked and his face went scarlet. 

     "No one." 

     "Aww, you have a crush!" I said.

     "Shut up." 

     "I'm sorry but you're just gonna have to forget about her. Maybe you'll find another little girl that'll make your heart race."

     "I know." he said 

     "Now, go and apologize to mom because she had nothing to do with this, c'mon go." 

     "Ugh, fine. Thanks Kiki." he said and I smiled 

     "No problem bud."

                                                                        ~*~ ~*~ ~*~

I had one more day left until it was finally time to move and I was in my room with my two best friends, packing what was left of my stuff in boxes. 

     "Oh My God, what's this?" Danny said holding a stack of papers.

     "What?" I asked looking over his shoulders. 

     "Love letters, perhaps?"  

     "From who?" I asked 

     "No, wait. They're actual letters...to you." He looked at me confused. Oh God, they found my letters. Oh God. 

     "Let me see." Taylor said but Danny kept hold of my letters and read them out loud.

"Dear Kiki, 

i've missed u so much, i can't wait 'til i see you again. everything 'round here is boring without u, please come back, i need someone to play with and keep me compani.  

Yours truly, J."

That was the first letter that came for me. Danny kept on reading through all the letters J had sent me and I tuned them out, I still remembered every single word that was on all those pieces of papers, I would reread each letter until I had them all memorized.

"...and all those nights we spent under the tree just looking at the stars, trying' to figure out which burned the brightest. I would always let you win because I knew it would make you happy, I never told you that until now of course cause I didn't want to ruin your happiness. Kiki, I miss you and I truly hope you can come visit me one day, to catch up, you know?..." Danny paused and the room became silent until I spoke up "Love, J" I said