Evening Walk (oneshot)

Ship: whatever this was just a practice
TW: old and bad and first person and not even Hermitcraft related for some reason???
AU: parents? normal?
Around 260 words

As the sun came down on a beautiful summer day, I felt the desire to go on a walk. I put on my pair of gym shoes and stepped outside to apply bug spray, even if it barely works. I start my stroll around the neighborhood and take in my surroundings. The orange and yellow sky that transitions into a deep purple is hypnotising. The shadows cast from the trees loom over the sidewalk in front of me. I can see families in their home, eating dinner way too late, but enjoying themselves anyway. I sigh as I forgot to tell my loved ones where I was going. I'll have to apologize when I get back. I continue nonetheless and daydream about my future. It feels like I was out for only a few minutes but I arrived at my house anyway. I walk in and say hello to my kids as my spouse steps into the doorway. They end up scolding me, for good reason as usual. I kiss them and head upstairs to our bedroom to change into pajamas, after showering the bug spray off. I help my spouse get the kids ready for bed and tuck them in. We sneak out of the room and start to get tired ourselves. We start a show regardless and end up asleep on the couch, the tv still on. I couldn't ask for anything more.

This gets better, I swear. Tell you what, you can read all of the non oneshots, but please just skip to Lava Lake and you can read the others after that. The next couple of oneshots are just awful in comparison