19. I'll kill you

Listen to "you broke me first" by tate McRae while reading this chapter!

°°°

"Say that again... Say that again asshole!" Jungkook gently smacked Taehyung's chest. It was barely a touch, but it still had a powerful impact.

He couldn't believe his ears. After having the courage to confess to his dear rival, he didn't expect it. Even if he knew Taehyung's heart belonged to yeri.

Well that's what he thought.

"I... I hate you. I have always hated you" Taehyung's voice was broken and strained, but his eyes were unflinching. It was clear he was in pain, but he didn't show it.

And Jungkook didn't want to believe those deceiving eyes. He wanted to trust his voice.

"You don't! Don't fucking lie to me!"

"You can believe whatever suits you, but this is the truth Jeon Jungkook... that I hate... you" the male turned around, ready to leave.

But a hold on his hand stopped him. Biting down his lips he controlled his emotions before turning to the man who held his hands like he never want to let go of them.

Taehyung gasped witnessing the sight in front of him.

Before him was Jeon Jungkook the coldest mafia who had no mercy for anyone who betrayed him, had no mercy for those who did wrong to him, the Jeon Jungkook who never cried who now had tears in his eyes.

Jungkook tried to hold his tears but couldn't as salty drops of them fell from his eyes. His pink lips trembling a little as his eyes fixed on their holding hands. Which resulted a few drops of tears to fall on Taehyung's hand which was held by his one.

Taehyung gasps as his breath hitched in his throat. He never saw him like this. Never saw this cold man to lower his head and cry like he lost everything.

He didn't expect this, after all Jeon Jungkook– the cold man hated crying the most.

"Jungkook..." his voice absently came out soft.

"You really don't love me? Don't like me even a bit?" Jungkook spoke trying his best not to sob.

Taehyung felt the urge to hug the man in front of him. Felt the urge to say I love you back. But what was holding him back?

Taehyung tried to take his hand back but the hold was tight. Like he won't let go of him.

"Jungkook... Let go"

"No, I confessed, I held your hands and showed you my vulnerable side.... And that's what I get in return?" Jungkook says knowing he sounded selfish. But he wanted to be selfish. Wanted to be selfish for Taehyung.