❥Nine - Fault of Fate

°•¤•°

°•¤•°

Jimin walked aimlessly in the pouring rain, with no particular destination in mind. For one thing he knew was, that he wasn't going back to his flat anytime soon. With so many things going on in the little mind of his, there was no way he could go home and relax. He felt like he had just gotten off of a roller coaster, he felt nauseous. His feet felt wobbly with every step he took.

There was a big lump on his throat that was making it hard for him to swallow. His tears brimmed eyes were focused on particularly nowhere. They held pain, agony, anger, misery, confusion. He felt overwhelmed.

He wanted to yell and scream until his lungs gave out, but to what and to whom? He just had to bury it under that fragile heart of his. If he was feeling to this extent, he wondered how she must have felt. These feelings must be nothing compared to what she must be feeling.

He watched as a couple passed by him who were all cozy under a shared umbrella. That added fuel to his burning heart. His emotions all over the place.

"Fuck it! Just fuck everything!" He yelled earning weird glances by the passer-by. But he couldn't care less. All he cared about was Everly. Her doe eyes, her raven locks, her beautiful smile, her angelic voice, her face, everything about her... was going to lose their existence.

He clutched onto his chest as he felt a heart-wrenching pain. Right then, his legs gave out and he plopped on the floor. Every inch of him screaming in pain and agony. He looked pitiful and he was aware, as the fate was so cruel to him, to her. To them.

---

Few hours earlier

"So, Mr. Park. What is your relationship with my niece?" the doctor asked as he poured tea for Jimin who was staring at the big name plate on the desk in front of him that read "George Woods". He had already guessed Everly and the man in the scrub were related based on the same last name. His eyes flickered at the elderly man who just stated Everly as his niece.

"We are... uh- friends... sir." There was slight uneasiness as he answered. He felt uncomfortable. Of course he would, after all he was rejected and he doubted if they would even remain as friends after what happened. He let out a heavy sigh and grabbed the cup of warm tea.

"I see," George hummed knowingly. "It's complicated, eh?" He took a sip of tea, feeling the taste on his tongue. Jimin just gave him a grim look.

"I wouldn't want to say that," Jimin spoke earning a confused look from the man across him. "She rejected me," his voice low. "Today actually, right before her collapsing."

"Oh, dear. I'm sorry." Jimin shook his head at that and grimly stared at the cup in his hand.

"Do you like her a lot?" he gently asked to the young latter, eyes holding sorry emotion.