❥Ten - Let Me Love You

Song recommendation - Only then(cover by Jungkook) listen on loop

°•¤•°

For the nth time, the call was forwarded to a voicemail. Frustration and uneasiness painted all over her face, Everly strode towards her uncle's cabin. Her uncle was enjoying a warm cup of tea when the door was slammed open, causing him to flinch at the action and burnt his lips.

He winced in pain brought by the dripping hot tea as he eyed his restless niece. "What happened, dear? Why aren't you resting right now?" he asked in confusion as he approached the ravenette.

"Uncle, I can't rest." She replied, earning a questioning look from the old latter. "Just what did you tell Jimin?" she asked.

"I don't know what you are getting at dear. Care to explain a little?" Everly groaned a little.

"I've been trying to call Jimin for so many times and he's not picking up. Are you sure you didn't tell him anything to scare him off? Or maybe about my... illness?" she asked hesitantly.

"I told you for so many time dear, I haven't said a word about it. Don't worry." George's eyes wavered a little as he lied but it went unnoticeable to Everly.

"Then why isn't he picking up my calls and not visiting me? After all he was the one who brought me to the hospital..." her voice trailed. Her uncle looked at her with great concern. "Right, I shouldn't be making it hard. It's best this way."

"Everly... What are you talking about? Jimin must be in his class and he just came to visit you few hours ago." The older latter's voice was just above whisper as he looked at his niece with great concern. He couldn't believe it. The symptoms were very progressive and it broke his heart to witness that. Everly was having partial memory loss.

Everly stood still, her heart and mind racing wildly. She forgot, her memory of few hours ago with Jimin was completely blacked out. She was stunned and overwhelmed. Every passing hours, minutes and even seconds were being the biggest proof that she were to die... soon.

---

Jimin got out of his classroom tardily. For the past few days he didn't have any enthusiasm and joyous vibe. He always had tedious look painted on his face. Ever since he had known about Everly's illness and that she had limited time, nothing made him feel better.

Although he felt horrible and miserable, he'd garnered up his courage and went to meet her this morning. He was in verge of breaking down just by seeing her pale face. And the moment she flashed a weak and feigned smile to assure him, his heart shattered into who knows how many pieces. But with much difficulty he had to act oblivious of the truth in front of her and smiled solemnly.