30.2~ My Valentine

I looked at my sister like she'd gone crazy. Which was true.

"What movie did you watch?" I asked her.

"It's just an option," she said.

"Um... no, it's not!" I paced around the room. "You want me to act like Clara Mayfield! That's her style, not mine! That's the whole reason Johnny broke up with her in the first place! I mean, seriously, that's... that's way too aggressive." I sat down on the carpet with a sigh.

"Okay, okay, fine. What did you have in mind at first?"

"Something simpler! Like... like..."

~~~

Second Scenario

I ran to Johnny's locker, crossing my fingers in hopes that he wasn't there yet. I smiled in relief when I saw it closed, no one in front of it.

I read my note one last time.

Hey, Johnny, before class, could you meet me in the auditorium? It's important. And check the bulletin boards on the way. -Marissa

I took a breath before sticking it in the locker and running to the auditorium. On the way, I stuck the rest of my notes to the bulletin boards placed around the halls, all of them having one word written on each of them.

I

Like

You.

A

Lot.

Will

You

Be

My

The last one was 'Valentine?' which was written on a poster I made the night before. When he got to the auditorium with the notes, I would be standing there with the poster held out in front of me.

I soon reached the auditorium, standing in front of the door. He wouldn't see me right away, but when he came in, he would get to see the beautiful poster I made with sparkles, hearts, and red-and-pink hues.

It seemed like forever before he came in, his face red and an excited, breathless smile on his lips. His hands held the other pieces of paper I left for him.

I smiled shyly, shrugging as I held the poster. I felt my body tremble, my face burning.

I closed my eyes as he approached me, too nervous to look at him.

The next thing I felt was his lips against mine.

~~~

"Okay, slow down." Gracie held her hands in front of her. "First, it's kind of a flawed plan. Someone else could easily take the papers and think it was for them or something, considering how close Valentine's is.

"Second, he might take another route to the auditorium. There's a chance he won't find all the words.

"And third, you guys walk together to school. You never have time to go that early, and even if you do, by the time he gets there, you won't have enough time before classes start to do this."

I stared at her. "I hate you."

She laughed. "Try to be more direct, Marissa!"

"That plan's direct!" I whined.

"But flawed. Come on, try to think of something else!" She looked around her room, her eyes landing on her guitar.

"I know! How about you sing to him?"