Prologue

"How could I do that to her, when her heart is with someone else?" That's what he told me 12 years ago. My friend Yari was a decent man. We were so close until high school came around. Back then, if you didn't have a girl by your side, it meant that you were not worthy of being called a "true man". But today, that's not the case. All those years ago, to the day we first met by that tiny creek behind our backyards. That is where the trio was created. Instead of studying or doing our homework, all three of us would play pirates or hide and go seek alongside that creek.

Back then, I had a scrawny hair kind of look. Bira I guess had a thing for that cause Yari always got rejected whenever he asked her out. But when I asked her out, there would be almost a twinkle in her eye. But that was just us messing around. "Hey Tori!" Yari would shout and act all buff. "Hey Yari!" I would say as I copied his movements. "I know you like Bira!" Then he'd run away from the scene laughing. "NO I DON'T!" I'd say as I chased him down. Bira I guess liked the show we gave her or she would not have stayed with us cause that's what the trio was all about. Me and Yari for the heart and love of Bira.