Chapter 3

Just Over The Fence

The school bell rang early and Yari almost took out a girl trying to get out of class. I guess he was super excited about my lessons. "Excuse me, sorry!" I said to the poor girl. "Are you ok?" She blushed a little and said, "yah, I'm ok..." and headed back out of class. Once I got out Yari shouted "FINALLY! Come on! No time to lose!" He ran to me and took me by the hand out of school, down the street to what seemed like his house. "Welcome to paradise my friend! You can place your stuff here" he said as he pointed to a nearby chair. I started to get out some paper and pencils for the lessons when he said, "oh, this isn't where we are studying, it's just a quick stop for supplies then we outta here!" And he made this weird hand sign that I've only seen in movies...he had his pinky and pointer finger up but his middle and ring fingers were held down by his thumb. Weird right?... Anyways, he took me to his backyard and started to climb the fence that was surrounding the property. "What are you doing?!" I whispered loudly. "This is the only way to get to our destination my friend." he reached out his hand to help me up. I hesitated a little bit but then I realized that, he's my friend and I don't get to do this often...

"And up you go!" He said while pulling me up. I almost immediately regretted trusting him. The amount of feet we were up in the air were unmeasurable. "And down we go!" and he pushed me off the fence. I thought I was done for, but my feet hit the ground before I knew it. "Did I grow?" I had accidentally asked out loud. "Nah, the ground here is higher than the one on the other side. It just looks way taller than you'd expect." Yari explained "follow me!"
"We're not there yet?" I asked.
"Almost but not quite!" He ran for about 12 minutes straight in front of me and stopped every two minutes to make sure I was following him because I was losing papers left and right. About 5 minutes later we arrived at a small creek that looked deep enough to be a river but small enough for you to jump over. "Here we are my friend!" And gave me a huge pat on the back, I wasn't expecting it and it knocked out all of the papers out of my arms! And just my luck to have a big gust of wind come and help them escape! "Oh no!" I shouted! Most of the papers landed in the creek but a girl down the way had seen the papers and tried to catch them.

"Thank you!" I shouted to her "that's funny, she's wearing the same dress as that girl from school..." I said under my breath. I ran towards her to receive the runaway papers. As I got closer to her, I would start to recognize her even more. When I thought we were in ear reach, I said, "hey! Don't you go to the same school as Yari and me?"
"Uh-uh...here you go!" She practically shoved the papers in my face. Almost immediately when her hands let go of the papers she ran off looking flustered.
"Huh"
"Hey buddy, everything ok?" asked Yari.
"Remember the girl you almost ran over?"
"No..."
"*sigh* thought so...anyways, she was that girl."
"Oh well, let's go, time to learn! Yahoo!" He ran off without looking ahead and slipped on a rock and fell in the water!