Chapter 12

Movie night

Yari was released from the hospital a few days after that night and my mom and I brought him home. It took us only a few days to agree that Yari and I would share a room. The doctor told me to make sure that Yari took it easy when he got home.

"Here we are man" I said and helped him out of the car.
"Dang, this is where you live?" He asked surprised. "Yup, just wait til you get inside" I said as I blindfolded him.
"What's the meaning of this?!" He said trying to take off the blindfold.
"No! You gotta leave it on if you want in" I said teasingly. He gave a small grunt and stopped fidgeting with it. I guided him to the entry door and opened it.

"How much longer do I need this on?" He asked
"Almost there" I said as I motioned for mom to start recording on her camera.
"Get ready aaaannnnd"
"SURPRISE! WELCOME BACK YARI!" All three of us shouted.
"Bira!" He said and speed walked over to her
"Welcome home!" She said to him as she hugged him.
"It's good to be back..."
"Come on! The both of us got your room ready" I said motioning to hurry up.

That whole day was nothing but dragging Yari all over the place. Making sure he was comfortable and understood where things were in the house.

"Oh! Me and Bira made a fort for us to sleep in for tonight!"
"I made popcorn for the three of you once you pick a movie to watch" my mom said. We spent maybe an hour deciding what to watch when my mom decided to pick for us. "Enjoy your movie guys!" She said as she left the room and turned the lights off.
"Night!" We shouted in response.
"*pst* Bira! If you get too scared you can always lay on me!" Whispered Yari
"Awe come on man! It's only a rated R movie nothing big!" I said jokingly. Just then a shriek came from the TV and made all of us jump and scramble to a nearby pillow or person. "Nothing big huh?" Bira said a little scared.
"Fear not my dear friends! I am Yari! The savior of all in distress!" He said. Me and Bira looked at each other and busted up laughing! Yari was so confused that he joined us as well.

Later that night my mom came in thinking we were asleep to turn off the TV. She covered all three of us with a large blanket and closed the door behind her. I fell asleep for about an hour before waking up with an empty bed next to me. "Yari? Bira?"