KingxMerlin's!Sister!reader|fluff

"This isn't fair Merlin!"

"I could care less if it's fair, I'm not letting you get yourself hurt over a man who will never love you! He's madly in love even after her death all those years ago, so give it up."

Tears pour down your face, leaving a river to stain your (s/c) cheeks. Biting your lip you fail to hold in your whimper. Merlin turns around from her experiment, her eyes softening as she sees your crying form.

She didn't say anything though, instead, she faced back to her experiment,

'it's for the best, she's my little sister... it's just tough love. Forgive me (Y/n)'

However, you just ran out of the stone shed and ran through the grass past the houses of Liones. You ran blindly as your (f/c) dress blew in the wind behind you, your (h/c) also flowing rapidly through the breeze. Through your blurred vision, you bumped into someone hard.

You almost fell but a small hand grabbed your arms steading you out. You looked (up at/ down to) the small brown-haired man. His amber eyes standing wide with curiosity and concern,

"Hey (Y/n), careful you almost- wait are you crying? What-"

You panicked and ran off before he could further interrogate you. It's not like you wanted to be rude to King, it's just you didn't want to further humiliate yourself by breaking down in front of him.

He turned in your direction watching you run further and further down the dirt road, he visibly pitied you. He knew how pained you were just by the way you would stumble ever so slightly in your run, sometimes seeing your figure lurch forward as if someone was stabbing you. He knew that feeling all too well...

He looked back to Merlin's shed...

'Maybe she has something to do with this'.

He flew over to the shed, pushing open the ajar door. As he opens his mouth to ask Merlin about her part in the situation he ran into outside, she cuts him off,

"Yes, essentially I am the reason behind her tears, however, it isn't your business so I suggest you stay out of it, King."

"Stay out of it? Don't tell me to stay out of it! I need to know! Merlin what did you do?! My best friend just ran into me, she was crying so hard! She couldn't see where she was going! I saw the pain in her (e/c) eyes!... and it's no different than mine Merlin. So I'm not asking,"

He flew up close to Merlin, disregarding her warnings with the loyalty for his best friend burning inside him,

"I'm demanding, what did you do to her?"

You ran into the tavern, not bothering to look at anyone as you race to the spiraling stairway.

"Hey, (Y/n)!"

You didn't respond, how could you? You didn't even hear the poor captain speak. You ran into your room, the attic. The small, tiny space left in the tip of the Boar's Hat roof. It was like a witch's hut... fitting. You just curled up on your tiny pile of pillows and blankets and nestled inside the homemade nest of comfort. Slowly you just cried with yourself.

"Well, that sure was strange,"

"What's the matter Sir Meliodas?"

"Oh nothing too major I hope, don't worry about it too much Elizabeth. Just (Y/n) came running in here. I think she was crying,"