Part Six: The Knocking

Lucy's POV

J: do you guy have like a bat or something? Like I guess we have to see who it is.

L: ya it right by the door

We walk to the door together and I handed Jamie the bat. I look through the small glass window beside the door to see if I can see the person knocking on the door.

I am relieved to see it was just my cousin.

L: omg it's my cousin.

I quickly open the door for him and Jamie puts the bat down.

L: omg Frank are you ok? Why are you out here during a storm!?!?!

I whisper yell so that everyone doesn't wake up.

F: well I just got back from the airport and was at home when the power went out. I was shitting when it happened and didn't realize until about 3 hours ago that my mom doesn't know how to turn on the generator.

L: wait so you walked here?

F: ohhhh helll nooooo I took my neighbours truck that has a shovel attachment to get here.

L: wait we have a generator???

F: yeah I figured when I tired to call all of you that you wouldn't pickup because your phones were dead so I decided to head over. Let me go turn it on.

I look over at Jamie.

F: wow who's this?

J: hi I'm Jamie.

F: omg your the guy that she's trying to set Lucy up with!! I've heard so much about you!

L: Okok Frank go turn on the generator.

F: oh ya I'll be right back!

J: your aunt has a son? She never talks about him.

L: hahaha ya she does. He is older than all of us so I guess he has his own life. He takes care of her when he can. He is usually busy with work though.

J: yeah that makes sense.

The power turns on.

J: that was quick.

L: ya Frank is really good at this stuff. He took charge when his dad left.

Frank walks back up the stairs.

F: so the generator I got my mom should last about a year so I'm sure the storm won't take that long. It's in the storage room so just turn off the red button that is flashing red when the power actually comes back on.

L: ok sounds good thanks frank.

F: I'm going to go wake up my mom to say hi real quick and then I'm heading back.

L: ya sounds good say hi to Lily and Beth for me. I would give you the stuff I have for them but I left them at my place.

F: it's all good they have enough stuff. It was good seeing you though. Once the storms over come-over I'll make dinner and we can catch up.

L: of course I'll tell the boys and it can be like old times. Go say goodbye to your mom and I'll see you soon and stay safe. Call the house when you get home.

Frank and I give each other a quick hug and then frank looks at Jamie.

F: it was nice to finally meet you bud. Hopefully you stick around.

J: alright it was nice to see you too man, and ya I know I do too

Frank leaves to go say goodbye to his mom and tell her the generator is on