chapter 13

Lila's outfit for this chapter

*******************************************

That night word got around that Hufflepuff were hosting a victory party near the lake. Most of the bigger parties were held down there in a marquee. It was obvious the staff knew what we got up to, but they didn't mind as long as there wasn't alcohol and the younger years left early for curfew.

Carlisle was still reeling from his loss; he decided he didn't want to go but encouraged us to. I felt guilty about it, but I knew Max and Alastair would want our support. I was quite excited to escape my persistent worries too, there hadn't been a proper party so far this term and they usually turned out to be a lot of fun.

At 10pm we began to get ready in the dorm. Lots of people had already left but we'd made a pact to never arrive too early in order to avoid the awkward standing around in an empty marquee fiasco.

The girls dashed around the dorm exchanging makeup and clothing, frantically trying to decide what to wear. I looked through my clothes, grimacing at some of my options until I settled on a short black dress with a plunge neckline. It had a pretty mesh overlay with stars on it and I decided that it would be perfect. I slipped on my short black heels and stared in the mirror, unsure what to do with my hair.

Evelyn came up beside me, "bitch you look hot! Now we just have to do you the hair and makeup to match."

"Okay but nothing too heavy, I don't want panda eyes in the morning." I insisted, eyeing her own heavy eyeshadow skeptically.

She rolled her eyes but nodded and sat me on her bed as she got to work. She curled my hair and made me shake the ringlets out so they became soft waves. Then she began work on my face and I tried my best not to fidget.

Finally she was done and I looked in the mirror. She'd done a light smokey eye that contrasted nicely against my eye colour. I admired the small eyeliner wings and the length of my lashes. I had to give it to her, I looked good.

"Thank you" I smiled at her.

She smiled back before slipping on her own dress. It was blood red and hugged her curves in all the right places, making her look sexy.

We all gathered our things and I pulled on my long black coat, slipping my trusty balm into the pocket.

It was 11 by the time we were done so we made our way to the party. The night sky was completely clear and you could see all the stars, I took my time walking, enjoying the sight that wasn't normally visible back in London. A few stragglers passed us as we walked down the hill, making their way back to the castle as their curfew was up or they were too drunk to carry on.

Eventually we reached the lake where we could see the marquee at the edge. The disco lights were flashing brightly through the small windows and the music was booming, causing the tent to shake slightly.