chapter 58

It was Tuesday afternoon in the great hall. Cedric began packing up his stuff, he had a quidditch practice to attend but I wished he could stay longer with me.

Things had been great since he'd asked me to be his girlfriend. The girls had freaked out and Carlisle was happy for me. Once I'd introduced him and Cedric to one another everything seemed okay, they actually got along quite well despite their quidditch rivalry.

Cedric leaned closer to me and planted a soft kiss on my cheek, it caused a blush to rise under my skin and I prayed that reaction would stop happening soon.

'I'll see you later okay?" He smiled, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Okay, have a good practice."

He removed himself from the bench and sauntered out of the hall. I tried to ignore the feeling of eyes on me as I was left exposed to the ridicule.

The news of our relationship had spread like wildfire around the school and I wasn't enjoying the attention. Most people had been pleasant about it but I knew there were some girls who envied me desperately and couldn't understand what Cedric saw in me.

I turned my attention back to my laptop and returned my headphones to my ears. I pressed play and continued watching Euphoria. It was a muggle show and one of my favourites. I'd watched it two times already, but it was just as entertaining on the third run.

It had reached the moment where Rue was playing detective and I rested my head on my hands in concentration.

Suddenly the headphones were torn from my ears.

"Hey! I'm watching something here." I grumbled in annoyance and turned to see who the culprit was.

To my surprise, the Weasley twins were sat on the bench in front of me, looking smug with themselves. I tried to decipher which one was which but was unable to tell the difference. I hadn't ever spoken to them myself, just heard the stories about their wild antics.

"Errr hi?"

"Hello Lila" they chanted in a creepy unison.

"What are you watching?" They leaned over to look at my screen.

"It's this muggle show ca-"

"It's Euphoria Fred, you know Ginny watches it."

"Wait she does?" I asked in surprise. I hadn't spoken to their younger sister either but she seemed sweet and I'd heard she was a smart witch.

"Yeah you know our dad is into all that muggle shit so we've seen a lot of that stuff." Fred spoke now and my head was already dizzy from looking between them.

"Anyway, how's pretty boy Diggory?" George said in amusement, clearly another curious observer of my new beau.

I blinked at their question, trying to keep up with the rapidly changing pace of conversation.

"He's good." I blushed and cursed my stupid cheeks again.

"Oi oi, looks like someone's in love."

"I don't know about that." I tried to protest but they ignored me.

"Whatever, anyway we need your help." Fred said.

"My help? Why would you need my help?" My brain searched every possibility of what I could provide them help with, but nothing came to me.

"Well you're smart."

"So we need your help-"

"To conjure a polyjuice potion."