03 . Stars

Night fell upon the world, as it's darkness blanketed the sky. Chan had taken it upon himself to count the stars, which were spotted here and there. Some brighter than others.

"Chan." Minho tapped his shoulder, as he immediately turned to look at him. "How was your sleep, Min?"

"Good." He smiled. "You made it so much easier."

Chan nodded, turning back to count the stars once more.

"Chan, how many stars so far?"

"500."

"Woah, yet you're still counting?" Minho gasped.

Chan chuckled. "Yeah. I mean, what else am I supposed to do?" He turned to Minho, raising an eyebrow.

"T- talk to me? I mean, like, only if you want to though!" Minho stuttered.

"You know," Chan turned back to the stars, circling his finger on the window. "I've never seen a star as beautiful as you." He tapped the window a couple of times, leaning towards it.

"R- really now?" Minho whispered. "How come?"

"Isn't it obvious? You're gorgeous. And," He gulped. "Maybe, just maybe, you'd want to go on a date with me? I mean, y- you don't have to and I'm just asking 'cause--"

"Yes! Y- yes. Let's go on a date after this. Coffee date?"

"Yeah. Sure. Coffee date. By the way, who's Jisung?" Chan asked. He wasn't jealous. Yeah.

Minho smiled. "Jisungie? My best friend since diapers. Basically my brother. And Felix? My cousin. The three of us are partners in crime, and honestly, I feel like a third wheel around them. It's quite obvious the two developed feelings for each other." Minho laughs. "It's been that way since... 6th grade. Both of them had nearly confessed, multiple times, yet they always back out. Thinking that they'll ruin the friendship. I'm kinda sad they aren't together yet, heck, they're practically destined for each other. They have like, the same birthdays!"

"Really?" Chan said, relieved.

"Yeah! Really. I mean, honestly, I've been waiting for what? 8 years? And I'm in university now! They're starting TAFE! Majoring in dance, by the way. I want to be the star on the stage, to have all eyes on me as they cheer my name."

"Is that so?" Chan says.

"Uh-huh. Wait, I've been talking about myself this whole time. T- tell me about yourself, Channie."

Chan nodded. "Well, I was raised in Australia. I can swim pretty well. I'm also in university, majoring in performing arts. I guess it's pretty fun. I had a pen pal, his name was Felix too! He said he lived in Australia before moving to Korea in like, pre primary. But anyway, that's about it."

Minho pouted. "Come on, there's got to be more than that! Who's your bestest friend? What's you favourite colour?"

"Uh, Changbin is my best friend. Met online. My favourite colour? Black and blue."

Minho tilted his head. "Black's a colour?"

Chan nodded.

"O- okay. My favourite colour's... mint. Mint green."

"Cool."

"C- cool indeed."