14 . Christmas Special!

As Minho stepped into the small cafe, a jingle informed the employees he had arrived.

A young lady jumped in front of him, stopping his tracks. "Hello, Merry Christmas! Have you made a reservation or perhaps waiting for someone?" She smiled kindly.

Minho nodded. "He's probably wearing all black, knowing him."

She grinned wider, the employee smile. "Ah yes! He is over there, sitting in the far right corner. When you're ready to order, come up right to the counter and ding the bell, okay?"

He thanked her hurriedly, scurrying over. "Hey Chan," he sat down in front of him. "Fancy seeing you here."

Chan chuckled, hair covering his face. He tucked it behind his ear. "Merry Christmas, Minho. I- I got you a present."

Chan shakily held it out. It had red and white stripes, with a crimson ribbon tied on the top. Chan blushed heavily. "I- I'm sorry if you don't like it, I don't really know you that we'll and-"

"It's fine, really. Besides, you took the time to get me one anyway." Minho stuck his tongue out as he carefully removed the gift from his pocket.

They exchanged gifts, Minho excitedly ripping his apart. "Woah!" He giggled. "Thank you; so, so much!"

Inside in all its glory, was a small necklace. It might've not looked like something special, but to him, it meant everything. Its charm was a calico cat.

Chan smiled, holding up his wolf bracelet. "Thank you, too."

"N- no it's alright, no worries..."

Minho cringed. Still an awkward mess even after rehearsing to Felix.

The waitress gave them their food and Chan thanked her.

"I- I ordered for you, sorry..." Chan whispered.

Minho smiled. "It's okay..."

Whipped cream sat floating on a bed of hot chocolate, with marshmallows sprinkled here and there. Laid on a small plate was a biscuit.

"Thank you," Minho said. "I really like this stuff."

Chan smiled. "No problem,"

They chatted and laughed, enjoying each others presence.

"Uh, anyway..." Chan smiled shyly and pointed at the roof. Minho winced, raising his head slowly.

There, in all its glory, was mistletoe.

Minho blushed as bright pink. "I- I- uh, it's getting r- really hot in here, right? Uh, um, its..."

His mind was chaos. Why so fast? Not mentally prepared. Fuck these Christmas decor! No offence... Uh, um...

"I can tell you're uncomfortable." Chan's words echoed in his ears.

Oh no, oh no, I think he actually was looking forward to it, oh God...

"It- it's not that! I swear! It's just..." Minho looked away shyly.

Chan giggled, his head resting on his hand in a teasing manner. "Has my little Minho never kissed someone before?"

My?!

Minho pouted, nodding. "Mmf, yeah..."

Chan smiled. "Damn, you're even more innocent than I thought."

Minho blushed harder.

"No kiss for me then? I'll just have to wait, is that it?" Chan said.

Minho shrugged. "N- not ready..."

"Understandable..." Chan smiled.

And then something about Chan's tone, or something about Chan himself, Minho didn't know what it was. But that made him lean in quickly.

Minho pecked Chan's cheek.

He had the guts to peck his cheek.

And he wasn't a coward about it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! If you don't celebrate it, then HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! I know it isn't Christmas yet but whatever LMAO