2 | Potter's Girl

Y/N

_

"REMEMBER WHEN we were first years?" Ron said, his voice muffled by a hard-boiled egg.

The Sorting Hat had just been put away, and everyone was about to pack up their things to go back to the common rooms. Despite the glares from the Prefects, nobody was about to move just yet. It had been forever since we had such a big banquet, and you'd be a fool to leave all that delicious food on the tables.

"Awful time," Hermione yawned, waving her hand at us, "the three of you were always getting into trouble."

"It's Harry's fault," I grinned.

Potter laughed, nudging my shoulder gently, "and yet you always followed me."

"And I very much regret that."

As I picked up my fork to stab a roasted potato on my plate, I noticed Ron exchanging glances with the boy next to me.

And when I say glances, I mean Ron widened his eyes and wiggled his eyebrows, a smirk on his face. Harry just gave him an understanding look, as if they were communicating in facial codes. Interesting. I cleared my throat, catching Ron's attention, and he quickly went back to scarfing down his food.

Hermione just rolled her eyes.

"You're the most unsubtle idiot out there," she said, smacking the red-head with her book, "let the poor girl eat her dinner without worrying about what you and Harry are up to."

"What did I do?" Harry exclaimed, holding up his hands in offense.

Hermione frowned, "you're completely hiding something up your sleeve."

"I don't know what you're talking about," the boy said 'matter of factly', "why don't you check for me, [y/n]?"

Setting down my fork, I turned to look at Harry, who was now holding up his left arm and showing me the inside of his robe's sleeves. There was nothing but his arm, shirt, and a whiff of the cologne I told him I liked back in third year.

I guess he still wore it.

"Nothing up his sleeve," I yawned, turning back to my plate, "oh well."

"That's what I thought," Harry said, grinning at Hermione, "nothing, absolutely nothing, up my fashionable sleeve."

I was about to question why he sounded so sarcastic, but then I felt his arm drop around my shoulder consequently, pulling me away from my plate and closer to his side.

I should have known.

Ron had a goofy grin on his face, which made it clear this is what he had up his sleeve; Harry wrapping his arm around me, and sandwiching me into an awkward side hug.

"Stop it, Potter," I frowned uncomfortably, nudging his arm off of me, "I'm trying to eat my food before Filch kicks us out."

I wasn't mad at him, I was just annoyed that he dragged me away from my plate of food when I was clearly still eating. He did this a lot, and I usually went along with it, but for some reason I was still particularly bugged from this morning's earlier events.

From that moment on the train, to the moment I walked into the school, everyone was watching me with judgeful eyes. Some girls who gave me the stink eye, some guys who gave me the stink eye, some people who gave me the stink eyes, and some girls, guys, and everyone in between who looked just about ready to ask me on a date.

Harry already did that, and I haven't accepted yet.

"Hey [y/n]!" Someone yelled from down the table, "if you don't like Harry, you can date me!"