25 | One Down, Two To Go

Y/N

_

THERE WERE A million things one person would think when they awoke to find their head resting on top of Draco Malfoy's chest, but the only one I was thinking about was:

What bloody time is it?

Staying the night was a bad idea, considering it was a school day and the other Slytherin students were more inclined to be up and about at early times, so it was safe to say I started my morning off with panic and stress. Blinking my eyes open wildly, I tried to adjust my gaze into the sea-lit room, sliding myself away from the boy's embrace to stand onto my feet.

But then I forgot I wasn't completely awake, and instead slipped on the satin covers and banged my head on the bedside table with a whack.

That managed to spring my boyfriend awake from his peaceful sleep.

Draco mumbled, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand as he slowly propped himself up onto his elbows. His words were jumbled sleepily, "whayoudoing?"

I glanced back up at him, staring at his messy blond hair, tired eyes, and half-asleep expression, but I scrambled back onto my feet as quietly as I could. The clock told me it was sometime around 3am, which gave me more than enough time to leave the boy's room undetected.

"I have to leave before anyone else catches me here," I noted quietly, "sorry I can't stay longer."

He dropped his face into the pillow in disappointment, his voice muffled. "Mhm."

As I snatched my shoes up from under the bed, I slipped them on, bouncing awkwardly on my left leg to maintain balance. Draco could barely open his eyes, which was understandable, considering how early it was.

"You can go on back to sleep," I said, adjusting the hem of my vest, "I'll see you at breakfast."

The boy scoffed breathily, "don't you mean, 'watch pitifully from afar' as Potter wraps his arms around you?"

No, I did not mean that.

"I've made it clear that I don't like Harry touching me non-platonically," I said reassuringly, nearing the door, "and I've also made it clear that even if I was to go to the Yule Ball with him, it would be far from romantic."

Draco was still getting swallowed back into his previous slumber, but managed to throw out a spiteful comment. "I hate him."

I blinked, "I don't think that—"

"Potter can die."

Oh, it was too early for another one of his rows. I furrowed a brow, my fingertips resting gently over the metal door handle. I had to leave soon, and I didn't want to accidentally run into Crab Legs or Gargoyle if I dared to stay longer.

"Darling, please don't say that," I scolded, exhaling briefly, "and besides, I think history makes it clear that Harry can't die, and your wishes will barely leave another scar on his forehead even if you tried."

Draco didn't care, "You-Know-Who is no match for my jealousy."

"I highly doubt that," I smiled softly, clicking open the door, "I'll see you later, alright?"

"Alright, love," the boy mumbled back.

And with that last remark, I slipped out of the common rooms and into the empty corridors of the school, promptly wishing I had the Marauder's Map as an asset. At any moment, Snape could fling himself out from a gutter and catch me red handed (although the professor seemed to favor me more than my fellow peers—which I now understood to be the influence of Draco).