14 | Don't Get Caught

Y/N

_

"WHOEVER INVENTED BOOKS can go rot in the dungeon," Draco hissed, his fingers fumbling along the sides of an autobiography, "these things are sickening."

After a boring hour in Transfigurations, I managed to slip out of the classroom undetected to meet the Slytherin in the library. He was already waiting for me when I arrived, surprisingly. There weren't many students in the space, which was good to our advantage, so I made my way over to the boy (who was sulking in a shadowy corner per the usual).

I plopped down into the chair across from him, picking up one of the books he had gathered.

"Did you find all these yourself?" I questioned, gazing at a book labeled 'Aurors and the Dark Wizards they catch', "I'm not sure these are relevant to the task."

Draco frowned, "neither is reading, but here we are."

"I only meant that this..." I explained, gesturing to the book in my hand, "has nothing to do with Moody as a person."

"It's a book about Aurors."

"Which Mad-eye isn't even in," I noted, dropping it back onto the table, "it's from 1952, Draco, Moody wasn't born till 61'."

He didn't like that I pointed out he was wrong. What? I had to, or else he would have been studying up an irrelevant topic for hours! He should be thanking me, honestly.

Draco rolled his eyes, "it's not my fault the title is misleading."

"How is it misleading?"

"How am I supposed to know? I didn't flip open the pages to get a look at the timestamp!"

I blinked, hesitant to point out that the cover had a giant 1952 date written on the top in golden letters.

"Did you never learn to read?" I smirked, "poor Malfoy."

"I'm not poor," he scoffed, as if it was the most offensive thing he's ever heard, "I've got a manor bigger than your whole neighborhood, [l/n]."

"Oh, yes, because I give a damn about your mansion."

"You don't seem to give a damn about anything!"

"And what about it?"

"Maybe the fact that you—" Draco started, before snapping his mouth shut. He glanced around the empty library in caution, before turning his head back to me with a softened expression, "we're forgetting rule number nine, remember?"

Oh. Right.

Rule 9: Draco and [y/n] need to stop fighting.

I nodded my head in agreement, clearing my throat and picking up another book. Reading the cover briefly, I pushed it across the table towards the boy, implying that it was suitable enough to read.

"Right, then," I said, averting my gaze, "just read the book and stop complaining."

Surprisingly, the boy listened, picking up the textbook and flipping it open to the first page. I flipped open a book of my own, beginning to read.

Chapter one, it said, The five basic principles of Auror Alastor Moody, and how he gained fame in the Wizarding World.

A few minutes past, and I made it through a good five pages. Did you know Mad-eye Moody can see through invisibility cloaks? I'd have to let Harry know about that immediately. Also, did you know Moody is one of the only people in the world who knows what a Boggart truly looks like?