5 | Amortentia

Is it really a HP fanfic if there isn't a chapter about Amortentia? hehehe.

Y/N

_

"I'M NOT SUPPOSED to tell you this," Hermione said under her breath, "but Harry's asking you on a date after potions class today."

I had barely even gotten into my robes when my friend kicked the door down. Not literally; Hermione was smart enough to avoid paying vandalism fines.

"A date?" I smiled, adjusting my red and gold tie, "we aren't allowed to Hogsmeade until Saturday!"

The tricky thing about accepting Harry's offers was this: whenever it came to stirring up trouble in the school, I was all for it. But when it was romantic...there was always a slight bit of hesitation. I didn't find myself ready to be his girlfriend, but a simple date would be satisfactory.

You don't have to be dating to go on a date.

"I don't think Hogsmeade is what he has planned," Hermione noted, sweeping up my satchel of books from the floor, "they looked incredibly devious about it when they told me."

"Where else are we going to go?" I mused, "the Quidditch pit?"

"He and Ron wouldn't tell me," she scoffed.

"Did you try threatening him?"

"Yes, but he still wouldn't budge," she huffed. There was a pause, where she looked me up and down in suspect, but then nodded her head in agreement. She would often scold me if my robes were on backwards, but there was apparently something missing. She exclaimed, "I brought you this!"

Digging into her bag, she pulled out a small glass bottle and sprayed a huge puff of mist all over my body without warning. I waved my hand in front of my face, collapsing in a fit coughing, my nose filling up with the pungent smell.

"What is that?" I wheezed, accidentally inhaling a good portion, "I think you put too much!"

Hermione frowned in disappointment.

"It's perfume," she said, rolling her eyes, "it's supposed to smell like Hot Chocolate and chestnuts."

"And why would I need to wear this?"

There was another pause, where she debated on spilling another one of Ron's unsubtle secrets.

"After some research, I read that perfume makes a boy more inclined to lean in close," she explained, beginning to pace, "so Ron and I obviously devised a plan to make Harry kiss you on your date."

"Why?"

"You don't have to, I suppose, but arguably it's been far too long since you two have done anything slightly romantic."

"I don't get it."

"It's always stomp stomp stomp, with you two," she guffawed, "never glide glide glide, and it's time you guys push aside your immaturity and get something done."

She was making absolutely no sense again, but then again, my brain wasn't wired at her level of intelligence. Maybe stomp and glide were something of the intelligent sort; I wouldn't expect myself to be able to understand.

I coughed again, "but I think you put a little too much."

"Oh, please," she huffed, grabbing my hand and yanking me out the door, "stop whining and get to class."

∞ ϟ

Per usual, Professor Snape was hissing about in a corner when Hermione and I arrived to Potions.