☾0.1| Expired Milk.

"Perhaps she'll be the bookshelf

"Perhaps she'll be the bookshelf." Harry said awkwardly as the man, who he just saw turn from a sofa chair to a man, gushed about how he needed to meet his granddaughter.

"She doesn't, and if I did i'd truly prefer the love seat." the next voice spoke up, startling Harry terribly as he whipped his head to the side to see a girl walk from the small hallway.

She was average height, not considered short but not considered tall either. Harry immediately noticed her eyes which were darker then the forbidden forest, troublesome for someone to figure out where her pupil started in the sea of darkness. Her hair was a nice honey color that complemented her ivory skin perfectly. She was pretty, he thought, she was beautiful even.

"Good choice." Harry said with a awkward laugh as she cracked a grin.

"I'm Salem." she introduced herself, reaching her hand out as he took it immediately.

"Harry." he said back with a clear of his throat.

"Harry Potter." Slughorn said with a knowingly look as Salem raised her eyebrows, impressed.

"You don't say?" she said with a grin at the boy who gave a awkward one back, "I was out here thinking he was you know who."

Harry's face changed from awkwardness to immediate fear and worry. Salem noticed immediately, taking a step back with a odd expression, "That was a joke."

"Right, a joke." Harry said with a laugh as Salem blinked and looked away.

"Honorable to see you again, Professor Dumbledore." Salem greeted the man behind Harry, not truly remembering the man but her grandfather insisted on her pretending.

"Like wise, I hear you will finally be joining us at Hogwarts this year?" he asked with with a teasing look.

"That's the plan anyways," Salem began with a nod of her head, "I'll be on my homework like the foods on your beard."

Dumbledore blinked at her words, not sure if it was a joke or not but rubbed his beard anyways. Slughorn laughed awkwardly for his granddaughter, trying to ease the uncomfortable silents as Harry stiffed a laugh.

"Do you mind if I use the loo?" the professor asked as he tore his eyes from Salem to look at the older man behind her.

"No, oh course." Slughorn said as Dumbledore walked toward the door, "Don't think I don't know why you're here, Albus. The answers still no. Absolutely and unequivocally no."

"This is your first year?" Harry asked Salem as it became awkward silents again.

"I was a bit of a late bloomer in the magic world, six years later to be exact." Salem said as Harry nodded with a small chuckle, "Beside, age doesn't matter unless you're any form of milk."