☾0.6| Non Of Your Buisness.

Salem felt different around Harry Potter recently

Salem felt different around Harry Potter recently. While when they first met it was intensely awkward, they quickly got over that and he'd learned to accept her sarcasm and jokes. But the past few days have felt odd, he didn't realize she'd noticed but Salem wasn't nearly as dumb as people made her out to be, she could feel the different energy. She missed talking about nothing in particular or when he'd even asked her to trick Draco Malfoy, but now all he could seem to talk about was her Grandfather.

"Merlin, Harry Potter. If you ask me one more question about my dear grandfather i'm gonna have to pull your ears off and then feed them to you." Salem spoke as the two walked together, heading for meals that morning. While Salem wasn't much of a morning person as it was, Harry wasn't making it any better.

"I'm only curious." Harry defended himself, lying of course, but he couldn't bare to tell that to her, "I don't have a grandfather."

Though he was lying, only needing more information on Slughorn after Dumbledore had spoken to Harry about who he'd brought the professor back, he couldn't explain that to her. He didn't want it to seem as if he was using her, only be-friending her for this reason only. Harry didn't know Salem very well yet, but he'd picked up on her taking things rather personally even if she didn't express it.

Like when she mopped around the castle after Draco mocked her in the library.

"Listen, what if you just come with me tomorrow night? I'm sure you've heard of what he's planning for a few students, it's impossible for that man to keep a secret." Salem said with a tiny laugh, pausing in the walkway, looking at Harry who stood about the same height she did. His hair was still messy from the sleep he'd had, while Salem's looked neat and perfect, like she'd put hours into making herself presentable.

Though Harry didn't think much of it, because he didn't understand, Salem did indeed put work into making herself look the way she did. She hated the way people looked at her so nasty as if she was a terrible human for not continuing her mother's legacy, while maybe she was, that didn't make the nasty looks and horrible whispers feel any better. Salem though, a horrible though that would be stuck in her mind forever after late last night after her encounter with Draco Malfoy in the library, that maybe if she looked perfect people wouldn't care that she was sorted into the wrong house and couldn't say her spells correctly to save her life.

Though she did pass one of her test after Draco pronounced the spell better for her last night.

"What, like your date?" Harry asked with a clear of his throat, shuffling on his feet as he shoved his hands into his pockets. It maybe had seemed like she was suggesting it, the way her deep eyes stared into his lighter ones while offering him to come with her to a small event her grandfather was putting on, that was until she opened her mouth again.