☾0.11| Disapointing Train Ride

Salem and Draco were silent in each other's presents for once

While at time Draco wouldn't say anything, just roll his eyes to something she said, Salem still talked his ear off to prevent silents. But right now, on the empty train that the only the two were on at two in the morning, was completely silent. They sat across from each other, Salem's bag and the book by her side. She didn't look at it, instead her dark eyes were staring out the window, watching the snow fall.

When Salem was younger she use to tell her mother and father that she wished she was a snowflake in the sky when winter came around. Her mother told her that was impossible and to aim for something more realistic in life, like becoming top of her class one day. Monroe chuckled at Salem's words, leaning down on her level to stare at her eyes that where so different then his. His were a bright, emerald green that got brighter each time he walked outside, though she did inherit his honey locks, even if his darkened over time.

Salem wished she was a snowflake again, though she let that dream go many years ago. She wished it again, she wished she was so careless and had no worries in the world, just about falling on someone's skin and giving them a smile. She could do that, she knew she could, she was perfect to become a snowflake. Maybe if she wished hard enough she could be, leave her crazed thoughts about the book and her mother's wishes next to her.

"Did you hear me?" Draco snapped at her annoyed as Salem snapped her head to him quickly. She hadn't heard him, she usually did hear Draco because she wanted a reason to go off on him every time.

"No, I didn't." she said back, not bothering to ask what he said because as of right now she didn't care. Salem didn't care about anything right now, she was lost and confused. She knew her mother's wishes were wrong, that the woman wasn't any better then Lucious Malfoy. But then again, it was Emilia, it was Salem's mom and the woman she loved more then anyone else in the world.

"You can just not do it, non of us are making you." he spoke to her, taking offense by her silents which caused his mind to race with thoughts he was thinking she was having.

"Did I ever say you were making me?" she snapped at him, venom in her voice as annoyance dance in her eyes. Draco sat up better at her new tone as Salem ignored him once again. She wondered if her mind or her heart was racing faster, she wondering where and what she'd be doing in a year.

Would she be attending her second year at Hogwarts, going on terrible dates with Harry Potter, running through the Great Hall with Ron Weasley, laying in Hermione Grangers lap as she read to her, would her and her grandfather be as close as they were now?

Or would she be hand in hand with Draco Malfoy, sitting at a silent table with his family and the Dark Lord at the end? Would she be hating muggle born, would she be serving a man that hasn't done anything but darkness for everything she believed in. Would she be at the same man who had tried to murder her friends countless times beck and call? What would that mean for her and Draco? Would that make them closer? Her mother would be proud then.