☾0.10| Malfoy Manor

If you would have told Salem Slughorn that she'd be standing outside of Malfoy Manor any other day, she'd laugh in your face

If you would have told Salem Slughorn that she'd be standing outside of Malfoy Manor any other day, she'd laugh in your face. Yet here she was, standing in the snow in a black dress and red finger nails, staring up at the large home. Draco stood back for less then a second, watching her take it all in as his mind raced, he knew exactly what could happen if he brought her through those marble door.

But he did it anyways.

Salem let Draco take her hand and lead her away from the gate that was a rather a long walk back to the steps that lead inside. They didn't say anything, but what was there to say? Small talk was far from something they did or would ever do, why start now as he leads her to the people that would fill in all the blank spots she had in her mind from who and what her mother was.

Salem had a big imagination, anyone could see that. She could picture something so well and out of the blue in her mind so fast, but growing up in the Malfoy Manor was the last thing she could imagine. She could see how it wasn't a home, more so just a place to sleep. While Salem knew Dracos home life wasn't the best, she didn't realize how depressing and alone it must have been.

The snow was cold that fell down onto the hand in hand due, Salem squeezing his freezing palm every now and then when the cold hit the sensitive skin under her eye that was still having a hard time healing completely. Salem expected Draco to open the door, that was until the loud and large marble was opening before they managed to make their way up.

A woman, a beautiful woman stood at the door now. Salem could see similarities on her that she also saw on Draco, how their lips were the same size and face shape was nearly exactly the same. Salem blinked at the woman who stared at her with sad eyes, taking in every feature she had in dead silents as the icy cold snow fell on her.

"You resemble your mother." she finally said before pulling the door farther open. Draco dropped Salem's hand as they walked into the not much warmer house but it was a step up from the snow.

"Thank you, i'm Salem." while the Slughorn girl knew the woman clearly knew who she was, she felt the need to say it anyways. Salem tried to not gawk at the inside of the manor, but she simply couldn't help herself. One room was bigger then any home she'd ever lived in, tall ceilings that were all decorated in expensive lining. It was dark, not much light coming through but enough to show off the exterior that probably costed more then her whole wardrobe ever would.

"Oh, I know." Narsissa said as Salem put a face to a name after remembering the name on the letter and then the single photo Draco had of the woman in his bag that Salem dug through on the train ride over, "We're so glad you can finally join us."

"Thank you for the invite, there's a lot of things I was to young to know about my mother, I wish we would have met sooner." Salem said as she took both Narsissa's hands, taking her by surprise at the sudden affection and warmth they provided. Salem smiled at her, waiting for her to smile back which took a moment before a soft and small smile was on her thin lips.