☾0.19| The War Is Starting

Salem could imagine how it was rather difficult for Draco to sleep the last few months

Salem could imagine how it was rather difficult for Draco to sleep the last few months. She'd been on edge for the last three days she'd been here as well, though it was a lot easier when she'd wake suddenly and be able to feel Draco next to her.

All things aside, she didn't mind him sleeping late in the morning. She didn't mind not being able to move with his head rested on her chest, she didn't mind one bit. He slept a lot better in her arms, made him feel safe and Salem slept much more knowing she was able to keep him safe. She almost didn't kiss him head when she woke, scared she'd wake him, but she did it anyways and he stayed asleep.

Salem had a dream of her father, not one that had her waking up in a panic. Not one that reminded her of his death, a simple one. Like he'd been trying to tell her something. Salem slowly reached under her pillow to pull the letter he'd written to Sirius years and years ago. Draco moved against her slightly as Salem paused, waiting for his breathing to get heavier, indicating he was asleep before she tore it open.

When Draco opened his eyes he had a small jump to his body before feeling the heater like hand touch his face. Looking up he could see Salem staring at a letter, letting her eyes flicker down at him quickly with a smile.

"Sleep well?" she asked, he didn't answer her, a kiss the her jaw before laying back onto her chest.

"What is it you're looking at?" he mumbled, squinting at the letter, the handwriting rather difficult for him to read so early in the morning.

"My fathers letter to your cousin, Sirius Black, Harry's god father." Salem reminded him as Draco hummed, not fully caring to hear either of the names, "They were lovers."

"Lovers? Like us?" Draco asked, suddenly fully interested as he looked to the letter.

"Yeah, back at Hogwarts before him and my mother took off to the safe house. My mother knew, he wrote this letter to Sirius." Salem spoke as she sat up when Draco rolled off of her, "He'll never get to read it either."

Draco shut his eyes, he didn't care much on the topic but could tell it was gonna bother Salem so he leaned over to kiss her shoulder that was covered in one of his button ups they'd now shared considering she had no clothes at the manor.

"Do you have to leave?" Salem asked as Draco stood, accidentally stepping on one of the many books on the ground. The newer lovers tore the library in the room apart for the past few days, searching for a way to break the curse Voldemort put on the manor that prevented Salem from leaving.

"I'll be back, besides, you have to learn about Herbology today." Draco spoke while grabbing the notes he'd written for her. He went off his memory from second year, insisting she had her own perfect and new books ordered rather then her using his barely used ones.

"We just learned this yesterday." Salem groaned while looking at the perfectly written notes that were written in ways she'd understand.

"No, I spoke out loud while writing them for you." he spoke while pulling the blazer from the corner over the button up he'd fallen asleep in. Salem watched him do so, straightening it against his skin as the morning light hit him so very perfect. He'd caught her stared at him, Salem looked away quickly when he saw her.

"I'll be back." he reassured her, he said it for himself too, he'd said it a lot in the past few days they'd been together.

"I'll be here." Salem said with a forced smile as he sighed sadly before sitting on the bed to cup her face and kiss her upon the lips for a moment, "Be safe."

"Do be a idiot while i'm gone." Draco said as he stood from the bed with a knowing look, "I know how you are."

"I won't." Salem said with a smile as he opened the door, giving her a small grin with a nod before he was gone. Salem missed him immediately, now alone in the bedroom she barely left without feeling scared or frightening.

The Herbology wasn't to hard to learn, Salem could comprehend it perfectly with the way Draco wrote it for her. He'd caught onto things that let her focus more, preventing words and letters to mix around in her mind. She'd appreciated it deeply, but sadly he couldn't rewrite the curse books she'd flipped through once again.

There were no curse breaking spells for the one Voldemort spoke days before. Salem feared she'd never be able to leave the Malfoy manor, not that it was a must for her right now but she knew eventually she could convince Draco to escape with her and they could leave. But with the curse that didn't let her get past the expensive doors, it seemed nearly impossible.

Salem gave herself a horrible headace with the amount of times she'd read over the breakable spells, not many made sense and just circled in her mind but she couldn't bring herself to give up.

That was until she threw the book at the door just as it opened.

Draco gave her a crazy look as Salem sighed, "Didn't see you coming in."

"Watchu' throwing a book at me for?" he asked her with wide eyes, his accent thick when he spoke to her. Salem gave him a stupid look.

"Didn't see you come in." Salem repeated herself with a eye roll as he waved her off and shut the door.

"Didn't find anything?"

"Nothing that makes sense, no." she said with a huff while sitting on the bed and patting the spot next to her for him to join, "You hear anything?"

Draco had a hesitated look on his face, one that was mixed between wanting to hide something from her and wanting to tell her everything, "Draco?"

"Potter-" he began before stopping himself, Draco knew exactly how Salem would react to what he knew and he wasn't to sure how to handle her when she did.

"He's not dead is he?" she asked in a panic as Draco shook his head quickly to prevent her from panicking and pacing around the room.

"He's at Hogwarts, Snape just told." Draco spoke as a sad yet relived smiled formed on her face.

"So they're safe, thank Merlin." the Slughorn girl said as she grinned down into her lap, toying with one of Dracos rings he'd slipped onto her finger the night before.

"Salem." Draco spoke again, hesitation in not only his voice but also his eyes.

"You're not telling me something." Salem said as he sighed and took her hands, wanting nothing more then to avoid her panic and anger.

"It's starting." he said as Salem held a confused expression, "The war is starting."

And she'd reacted the exact way he knew she would, panic and anger, knowing she was stuck and helpless... for now.

kylie speaks

i've never been
so excited for
salem to kick
some ass in the
war, along with
a golden trio x
salem reunion!

i've never beenso excited forsalem to kick some ass in thewar, along with a golden trio xsalem reunion!