☾0.7| The Vanishing Cabinet.

Hogwarts was a rather large school, anyone could tell you that easily

Hogwarts was a rather large school, anyone could tell you that easily. It was thousands and thousands of square feet, separated within common rooms of different houses you'd be sorted in when you first arrived. But then there was The Great Hall where you'd usually eat meals with all the other houses and their respected members. And rarely, unless it was a professor, did a random entrance every cause everyone to look over in confusion, their eyes not being able to look away.

That was until Ronald Weasley and Salem Slughorn.

The sight was definitely not something you'd think you'd be seeing on a early morning while you ate your cereal or spoke to your friends. While people assumed Salem and Ron were close enough, the way they entered that morning was the oddest of friendships anyone had seen. He was running, full speed while Salem's arms were wrapped around his shoulders to try and stop him, her feet only dragging behind the two as they argued quietly.

Neither of the duo took notice in the houses all looking at them so oddly as if they'd never seen either of them before. While they could imagine they looked rather silly, neither of them realize how odd the sight that morning truly was.

"Salem's birthday is coming soon." Ron said as they stopped at the Gryffindor table before Hermione and Harry. Salem let out a loud groan, hoping her lovely morning stroll with Ron would have gone smoothly when she mentioned not wanting to make her birthday as big deal. Then he suddenly took off in a sprint as she hopped onto him in hopes of stopped... only to get dragged.

The words that left the Weasley boys mouth had not only had Hermione and Harry's attention sparked, but the Malfoy boy who sat at Slytherin table behind them as well.

"Your birthday? Why haven't you mentioned it?" Harry asked her as Hermione quickly wrote it down while Ron informed her of the exact date and time even.

"Well, maybe I would have if you'd shown up to be my date." Salem said to him with a raise of her darker eyebrows, the small freckles under both them showing as she did so.

"Are you still on about that? Salem, how was I suppose to know not a date meant a date?" Harry asked her with a eye roll, throwing a cheerio at her as Salem gave him a offended look.

"Well I don't know, Harry Potter, I guess I assumed someone would just know." Salem said as she threw the cereal back at him with a raise of her eyebrows and a faint glare on her face.... Harry almost told her she resembled Malfoys expressions.

"Harry isnt Salems type anyways, we've been over this." Ron said with a mouth full of food and a nod to his head, Hermione looking at him in the slightest bit of disgust.

"It's true, i'm more into blondes." Salem said with a shrug as Hermione laughed at her before shutting her books and placing her hands on the table.

"Why don't you wanna celebrate your birthday? We could make it fun, anything you'd like." the Granger girl went on with a soft smile, wanting nothing more then for Salem to enjoy her sixteenth birthday with her new friends and away from the drama the Slytherin students brought to her.