☾0.20| Evil Little Thing

"Are you sure it can work?" Salem asked wearily as she looked to Draco, twisting his tight fitting ring around her finger, "If we don't make it past the barrier i'm probably dead

"Are you sure it can work?" Salem asked wearily as she looked to Draco, twisting his tight fitting ring around her finger, "If we don't make it past the barrier i'm probably dead."

"You're not dead, don't ever say that again." he spoke while not bothering to look up from the book, "As long you you're with me it says you should be able to get out."

"Well you know when I get there i'm going to find Harry." Salem spoke to him as Draco clinched his jaw and pulled his eyes from the door to look back at her.

"Must you have to remind me every minute?" he asked annoyed while slamming the book and going for the closet.

"Well maybe if you'd say something along the lines of, oh I don't know, 'Okay Darling, just be carful' , I wouldn't say it so much." Salem mocked his words as Draco pulled the black blazer over the button up, rolling his eyes.

"I can't say that when I know what it's gonna be like there, you don't." Draco spoke to her sternly while turning her way, "It's gonna be a lot more dangerous then you think it will be, Salem, how do you expect me to just be okay with you up and disappearing once we arrive?"

Salem took a step toward him to began buttoning the few button on the blazer for him, looking up slightly with a small sigh, "You're worrying to much."

"How could I not?" he asked as Salem cracked a smile, pushing the white locks to the side slightly.

"Because you know who I am, where I come from, who I come from." Salem listed on, putting her arms around his shoulders, "More importantly you know i'm a powerful witch and with your help i've gotten better."

"You've gotten a lot better." he admitted, a small squeeze to her hips, "But you still have a lot to learn."

"And a lot of time for you to teach me." Salem spoke as she watched the faint smile form on his face, "I won't be gone long, they'll need my help, and despite your wishes they're my best friends, I have to protect them the same way i'll protect you."

Draco ran his ring covered finger over her check, the coldness making Salem shiver and tighten her grip around his shoulders, "Ready to go?"

"Almost.. give me a moment." Salem said after a second of silents, letting her boyfriend go as she disappeared into the large washroom.

Salem was gone a bit longer than Draco liked but he kept himself busy by going through some of her things. He read some of her journal entries that she'd written in the same book he'd written in back in sixth year. He'd been so lost in the words, he didn't hear the door creek open.

"Draco, darling." Salem's voice called as he turned quickly to look at her attire.

She looked beyond stunning in her mother's dress and his rings she'd take off him each night on her fingers.