☾0.5| Paper Butterfly

While Emelia wasn't much like Salem, the two had all to much in common

While Emelia wasn't much like Salem, the two had all to much in common. While the teen took after her father more, she sadly got her mothers academic genes. Salem wished Molly was here to teach her a few things considering the girl humiliated herself infront of first years, who were six year's younger then her, because she couldn't manage to do any of the spells correctly. Though Salem knew she wasn't amazing at it, she didn't realize how terrible she was until now.

Dumbledore suggested a few books to her which she was hovering over in the library. Mumbling and trying to pronounce them correctly but it was no use, her letters kept getting mixed together and she couldn't manage to say things correctly which resulted in the wrong spells happening. Salem wasn't a patient person, far from it actually. That resulted in her huffing and puffing each time something didn't go her way, which was a lot here recently.

Salem sighed loudly as she shut her eyes when the candle she'd been trying to blow out without using her breath simply grew in flames, that was until she felt something hit her in the side of the head. With a small yelp she opened her eyes quickly, finding a bright green apple in her lap after it managed to bruise her temple. Looking over from the direction it came from, Salem was met with cold eyes, looking at her as if she was you know who.

"What is your problem?" she snapped at him quickly, gripping the apple in her hand and throwing it back toward his platinum blonde head. Draco, to her surprise, caught it without even trying, gripping the apple in his hand before it hit his face where she was aiming. Salem sat up better, beyond intimidated as she held a glare on her dark eyes, attempting to show he had no effect on her. Draco lowered his eyes at her, softly putting the apple back infront of him without breaking eye contact.

"You breath so bloody loud." he said to her with nothing but venom and disgust in his voice. Salem figured she was, it was a habit she had when she was frustrated even though it drove her to insanity when other people did it... she assumed maybe Draco had the same problem.

"Sorry." the girl mumbled as she focused on her breathing, making sure she kept it at a steady pace while casting her eyes down at the paper again.

"I heard a whole bunch of first years managed to show you up in class today." Draco said with a smirk on his lips, leaning on his hand that was propped up on his elbow, "Pathetic, it is."

"Piss off, Malfoy." Salem said to him with a eye roll, not bothering to look his way and give him the satisfaction of the slight bother in her eyes she was convinced he'd be able to see, "You're worse then having the plague."

"You'd think with you being six years late, having your father's academic blood, your mothers legendary, and your grandfather being a professor you'd be the best of your class at least." Draco went on, this time Salem did look his way, making eye contact again to see the smirk whipped off his face as he now looked at her with a expression mixed between shocked and as if he was mocking her.

"I'm trying, it's not help with you watching every thing I do. Truly, the only time you aren't there is when i'm sleeping... who's to know you don't watch me then either." Salem said, though it was a slight exaggeration she managed to be met with Draco everywhere she went, watching her every move just to wait to mock something she did wrong, "Why couldn't my personal stalker be someone more appealing? Why do they have to be you of all people, with your apples that I hope have worms in them?"

"I do not watch you sleep, you aren't that special." Draco said back to her as Salem rolled her eyes to look back at her candle, "What is it you are struggling with?"

"Why do you care?" Salem asked, knowing this would probably just end ugly and with the stressful day she's had, Draco was the last person she wanted to get into a heated discussion with.

"So my father and I can have a laugh when I tell him Emilias daughter has no power." Draco said to her, the amusing look back on his face as Salem huffed, not bothering to keep her breathing normal.

"Everything." Salem answered his previous question as she shut her books, partly glad he was talking long enough to distract her, "All i've managed to do is make paper butterflies."

Draco watched her grab one, send it his way. The paper butterfly went slow, not nearly as quick as his paper doves usually did. Once it got to him he grabbed it quickly, crumbling it in the slightest but neither of them seemed to care. Expecting there to be some form of notes that he could use against her but only found it completely blank.

"You're not saying any of it correctly, that's why you haven't managed to get anything right." Draco began as he slowly rose from his chair, shutting the books he'd been reading over and taking quiet and graceful strides past her, "It's pronounced with a que at the end."

kylie speaks.

look at them,
slowly bonding
through arguing.
love that for
them.
also some more
family drama
coming soon.

also some morefamily drama coming soon