fifteen

ATHENAS POV.

I followed Bellamy up to the school roof, greeted by the sight of a napping Neptune, typical. And a beautiful rooftop garden.

I guess some good things come with this school.

While Neptune slept, Bellamy and I talked about anything and everything.

Apparently there's two more students labeled 'trouble makers' in the school. Unfortunately they both were suspended a week before my arrival. Supposedly they're, and I quote, "cool I guess"  in Bellamy's book.

That's an honor after knowing him for such little time believe me.

Not paying the topic much more thought, we both laid back and watched the clouds, occasionally naming what they looked like.

Did we stay up there for the rest of the day? Yes, yes we did.

Will I be in some deep shit for skipping the rest of my classes? Possibly

Do I care? Not really no.

When the dismissal bell rung, the three of us rushed back to the front of the school.

Making it just before my brothers arrived.

I'm one lucky bitch.

Your literally on a hitlist.

Did you really have to bring that shit up. Ugh.

Saying bye to the best friends, I made my way to the car with the twins. The ride home was silent but comfortable.

When we got home, Gio immediately went out somewhere to meet his friends and Eli went straight to his room,

bored and wandering through the house I found myself in the living room.

I was about to walk somewhere else till I noticed Dad laid on the couch staring aimlessly at the ceiling.

"Hey Dad" He looked over to me, smiling as he sat up in his spot.

"Hey princess, come sit with me"

Making my way over to him I sat down and laid out across the couch, head on his lap staring at the ceiling as he just was a couple seconds ago.

"What's up pops?" He started playing with the hair in my ponytail. Maybe he doesn't know about me skipping.

"So I heard you didn't show up to classes after lunch, mind explaining?" He raised an eyebrow looking more amused then angry. Never mind.

Looking to his face I sent him a bright smile, "Are you mad?"

He laughed. "No Bambina, I'm just surprised you didn't get into any more trouble."

I dramatically gasped, "Are you saying I'm a trouble maker?"

"Are you saying you aren't?"

"Touché" I knew Ricky and Ms.Peters told him shit.

"You still want to explain?" Looking back up at the ceiling again, I sighed.

"Might as well.. While we ate lunch Bell, Nep, and I sat on the rooftop. Getting caught up in conversation, we didn't realize how much time had passed until the dismissal bell rang. Being around all those kids were just stressing me out. Their damn stares and whispers and rumors, oh jeez the rumors! Like come on I literally just arrived and hours later I'm hearing all this bullshit about me that I never herd before. Sometimes being around people is just way to overwhelming you know? I couldn't even make it past lunch before needing a break and that may be a new record. Oh and that one asshole of a teacher had the nerve to call me pip squeak, PIP SQUEAK. I'm like 99% sure I'm taller than him so I really don't know why he was talking....

aaaaand I shared way to much." Turning my head to look him in the face again I watched him analyze me.

"What's with the look?" He just smiled, dismissing the question.

So for once I just continued to rant.

NICOLOS POV.

I listened intently as Athena endlessly rambled about her day.

The more time I spend with her the more I realize she's just like me.

Of course she has her mother's looks and small quirks but she is so much like how I was at her age it's almost concerning.

When I think about how I missed out on 14 years of her life makes me so angry.

Around the time Athena was two, my father had passed. Automatically bringing the Capo title to me. (being the oldest out of 4 siblings)

Her mother was scared that being new to fully leading the mafia would bring enemies, so one night she grabbed Athena and ran.

I can still remember coming home to the boys yelling and crying, searching for their mother and baby sister. Demitri looked so heartbroken, Adriano was sobbing in his arms, Elias and Giovanni we're running all around the house in panic.

It broke us.

Now, I can tell Athena's return healed us.

We have family dinners every weekend, Giovanni isn't as angry at the world, Elias comes out of his room more, Adriano smiles more, Demitri actually laughs now, and I get the chance to watch my kids be together again.

She may not know it but she truly has us all wrapped around her finger.

Do I wonder what happened before we found her? Of course I do. But anytime someone brings it up I watch as pain flashes quickly through her eyes and how her mental wall goes up just a few more feet. That's why I never talked about her criminal records and past behavior.

I know she'll tell us when she's ready, and if she's never ready that's fine too. I honestly couldn't care less about the damn rule breaking or the criminal record or the tattoos she thinks I don't know about,

What I care about is my daughter.

and getting the chance to get to be with her, even for one day, is a blessing.

Looking down at Athena again, I watch as her eyes light up as she talked about Neptune and Bellamy or the things she enjoyed about her day,

"I love you Principessa"

Athena stopped ranting.

Turning her head from the ceiling back to me I see her eyes gloss over with unshed tears. Athena looked me in the eye for a while searching for any dishonesty.

And when she found none, she immediately wrapped her arms around me like a koala bear. Letting the tears fall,

"I love you too Dad."

-
I wanted to write a little sentimental for once :)

Thank you for reading!
See you next chapter
-Aajaené