Prologue

It is a lovely, peaceful day in the pride lands. All of the herds have returned, and everything is back like the way it was. Simba and Nala became the king and queen, and they welcomed two new cubs. Kopa and Kiara. Kopa was born first, and therefore, he's the future king, while Kiara is the second born and will become a huntress in the hunting party when she's old enough.

Rafiki came towards the newborns and cracked open the fruit, marking it on Kopa's head where his mane will be. He sprinkles dust on him, causing him to sneeze. It made both the king and queen chuckle with delight. He does the same thing to Kiara except marking her with the fruit juice. This method is only for the future king/queen of the pride lands. The shaman picks up both cubs and takes them towards the edge of the pride rock, then raises them in the air for the whole kingdom can see.

The elephants trumpeted, the zebras neighed, etc. They all begin bowing in respect for the prince and princess of the pride lands. Both Simba and Nala smiled warmly at their cubs. Knowing the future will await of them one day. After the presentation ended, Simba and Nala took their cubs back inside the pride rock as a new royal family. Nala lays down on the flat rock while having Kopa in her paws. Simba lay down next to her while he had Kiara in his paws.

"Oh, Simba." Nala sighed, "Our cubs are beautiful."

Simba nodded, then gave Nala a nuzzle and bends down to nuzzle Kiara, then Kopa, "Yes, Nala. They're very wonderful." He then sees his mother, Sarabi walking towards them with Sarafina.

"How're our two grandcubs doing this morning?" Asked Sarabi, nuzzling both Kopa and Kiara.

"They're doing great, mom," Simba replied, looking down at Kiara.

"Looks like Kopa will make a fine king one day in the future." Said Sarafina.

Simba nodded, "Yes, he will. And I don't know about Kiara's future. But, she can join the hunting party in the future. She'll be a fine huntress just like all of the other lionesses, or she could leave to start her pride."

"I agree on that, Your majesty," Zazu added as he flew into the den and perched on a nearby rock. "We wouldn't want history to repeat itself. When Kopa becomes the King of the pride lands, what will happen to Kiara?"

"We have already discussed she'll be a huntress of the pride." Said Nala. "Or, she can leave to start her pride."

"That makes sense." Sarafina added, "Since we were cubs, Ahadi gave Scar an option to leave and start his pride. But he refused to do that and always wanted to be King instead of Mufasa being king."

"I hope this doesn't happen between Kopa and Kiara." Simba sighed.

Nala nuzzled him with comfort, "Don't you worry, Simba. Both Kopa and Kiara will grow up together and help each other out. They'll know how to get along and not become like Mufasa and Scar." She reassured.

"I hope so, Nala. I hope so..."

Meanwhile, a lioness named Zira was sitting near pride rock, scowling with envy and hate. She accused Simba of 'killing' scar, and she wanted to avenge Scar in a deadly way. She wants to kill Simba, Nala, and their whole pride with scar's followers. Zira has been scar's follower while Mufasa was dead and Simba lived with Timon and Pumbaa. She gave birth three weeks ago before Nala, and she has both of her newborn cubs, Kovu and Vitani, in her paws.

"One day, we will take over the pride lands and avenge Scar. And Kovu, Scar has chosen you to be the next king instead of Nuka." Said Zira.

Both Scar and Zira had their first cub named Nuka. Due to the lack of food in the pride lands, Nuka was born small and was weak. He was born two weeks early and was premature. Everyone in the pride expected Nuka not to survive his first night. However, he miraculously did survive and has still been living ever since. Scar disowned him for not being healthy and strong. He and Zira did try again for another male cub, but the second cub was stillborn and died instantly. Scar was angry at Zira for not giving him a male heir. Instead, he tried to mate with Nala and make her his Queen. Nala refused then scratched Scar on the face before running out of the royal den. Zira, however, spotted a rogue passing by and mated with him. By that time, she got pregnant, and Scar was thrilled as he hoped she'd have a healthy male heir from that rogue lion. Scar couldn't see Kovu and Vitani because Simba overthrew him, and the hyenas killed him for betraying them. Zira vowed to get her revenge on Simba and his family, one way or another.

"Mother! Mother!" A young cub cried out as he ran over towards his mother with a smile on his face.

Zira sighed with irritation, "What is it now, Nuka?"

"Simba and Nala had their cubs," Nuka said.

Zira's ears perked up at the news her son was giving her. "They have a boy and a girl."

"That's perfect. I can use both Kovu and Vitani to their advantage when they become friends with Simba's cubs. That's when we will strike!" She snarled, clawing at a small tree.

"Mother, maybe I can be king," Nuka suggested.

"Don't be a fool, Nuka!" Zira roared, startling her eldest cub. "How could a weakling like you can rule the pridelands when Kovu is strong and healthy? You will never be King! Do you understand me?"

"Y-y-yes, m-mother." He stammered, shaking in fear.

Zira just shook in disappointment towards her son, "Get up and stop quivering!" She commanded. "That is the reason why you can't be a King like your brother!"

Nuka reluctantly got on his paws and frowned. He knows he'll never be king while being a weakling and a coward. He glared a Kovu with hate, feeling jealously gnawing at him. Kovu looked up at his big brother with his green eyes, and Vitani did the same thing.

"What're you two looking at?" Nuka hissed.

"Nuka! I'm going to hunt. Watch over your brother and sister until I get back." Zira said, getting up.

"But mother! Why can't Hasina, Azra, or Daima watch them?" Nuka protested. Zira snarled, then glared at Nuka with hate. "You're the oldest! Now, I don't want to hear any more complaining or so help me; it won't be pleasant!" She hissed, making Nuka shake with fear. She turned around then ran away to go hunting. Nuka sighed in defeat, knowing he could not argue with his mother unless he wanted to get hit or slapped. He let Kovu and Vitani alone with Sarabi play with his friends, Spotty and Dotty. When Zira found out about it, she hit Nuka so hard, which sent him flying towards the wall in the den, knocking him out cold. He later woke up with a massive headache and had to stay in the cave all day. He shook his head at that memory and decided it was best to do what his mother told him so he wouldn't get slapped or beaten by her anymore.

Meanwhile, Rafiki was in his baobab tree, painting both Kopa and Kiara's pictures. He chuckled softly before adding the finishing touches to the paintings. After he was finished, he looked at Kopa and Kiara's creations and admired them.

"Kopa and Kiara. May the great kings guide you through life." Said Rafiki. "We all know Kopa will be an excellent King in the future. Kiara's future will be determined one day."

A gust of wind blew and caused the passion fruit juice to splatter over the picture of Kopa.

"Mufasa! What have you done? Now I have to start over!" Rafiki yelled, cleaning up the mess. The wind has blown again, with some flower petals circling Kiara's picture. Rafiki noticed the petals and the splattered painting that nearly covered Kopa's painting.

"You're trying to say that Simba and Nala will have another cub and that cub will grow up to be evil and become like Scar, then that said cub will kill Kopa to get the throne?"

Rafiki was shocked to hear about a future history repeat, and all he could do was pray to the great kings. Hoping that the cub won't turn out to be like Scar. Little does he know, he's wrong...