Chapter 1: Going to the outlands

3 months have passed, and Kopa and Kiara are now young cubs. Both of them have personalities just like their parents did since they were cubs. Kopa is mischievous and brave. He has his father's eyes and fur color, which is slightly lighter. And a brown hair tuft on his head and tail tuft, which he has inherited from his mother, Nala. Kiara is sweet and a bit rebellious. She has a mixture of her parents' furs, making it a peach color. She has her father's eyes and has her mother's looks. She has a brown tail tuft which also came from her mother. Last month, Nala had found out she was pregnant again, and Simba was thrilled to be a father once more. She decided to keep her pregnancy a secret from her cubs, wanting to surprise them. Simba and Nala thought of names for their cub. They decided to name the cub Kali if it's a girl or Kion if it's a boy. All of Simba and Nala's friends and family knew about the pregnancy as well as the whole pride.

It is late morning in the pride lands; all of the lions in pride rock are still sleeping soundly. It seemed peaceful until a certain lion cub was excited to watch the sunrise with his father.

"Dad. Dad." The cub cried out, running towards his family and jumping over many sleeping lionesses, "C'mon, you have to get up!"

The cub, whose name is Kopa. He is the future king, and one day when his mother and father step down, he would become the next King of the pride lands. Simba and Nala were proud of their son. They know he would become a great king one day, and his twin sister, Kiara, would find her path in the circle of life in the future.

"Dad! Dad!" Kopa called again, waking up some nearby lionesses lying close to the royal family. "Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad..."

While Kopa was calling for Simba, Nala woke up and nudged Simba slightly, waking him up from his sleep, "Your son's awake." She whispered as Kopa continued saying, 'Dad.'

"Before sunrise, he's your son," Simba whispered back.

"Dad? Dad! C'mon, dad!" Kopa pulled on Simba's ear in hopes of waking him up. He then stumbled backward, which also woke up Kiara, who has fully awakened from Kopa's call. She yawned, rubbing the sleep from her eyes before getting up on her paws. Kopa then ran back towards his father and pounced on him, "You've promised."

Kiara scoffed at her brother and said, "Ugh! Kopa, if you keep doing this and you'll end up waking up the whole pride."

He rolled his eyes in response as Simba yawned with a small roar. He gets up on his paws as well as Nala. Kopa then pounced on Kiara, and they had a little wrestling match between them. Simba sighed at his two cubs before Nala cleared her throat, gaining their attention.

"Cubs!" She called out, making them end their game with Kiara pinning Kopa down.

"Pinned ya!" She yelled.

Kopa then pushed his sister off of him then glared at her playfully, "Hey! Let me up!" He cried out. Both of them faced their mother with sheepish looks on their faces. They walked up towards her and nuzzled her forelegs lovingly. She bent down and gave each cub a lick on the cheek before Kopa followed his father to the top of pride rock.

"Mom? When Kopa's King, What's going to happen to me?" Kiara asked.

"You will become a huntress for the pride, or you could start your own pride in the future," Nala answered with a reassuring smile.

"I will be happy when Kopa's the King," Kiara added, smiling at her mother. "I would never become like great-uncle scar."

Nala chuckled before nuzzling her daughter once more, "We know you won't. You're a good princess."

Meanwhile, Simba and Kopa were on top of the promontory of pride rock. The prince looked down in awe, seeing many animals below.....

"Kopa," Simba begins, "Everything the light touches is our kingdom."