Chapter 10: Kiara's First Hunt

Hey everyone. I'm back again with another chapter. I had to go back to some chapters to fix some errors and mistakes that I've noticed when I was reading this. I'm sorry if I ever messed up or ever confused you all. Please forgive me. But anyway, let's continue onto this chapter. Enjoy.

The next day has come, and Kiara is preparing for her first hunt. She was in the royal den with her mother and sister, talking to them before departing from pride rock.

"I wish you the best of luck, Kiara." Said Nuru. "You've been training for this through your whole life, and now it's time to put this to the test."

"Your sister's right, dear. I know you'll make us proud." Said Nala, giving her eldest daughter a nuzzle.

"Thanks, mom, Nuru. I won't let you both down." Kiara said with full determination.

"If you fail, just keep trying and don't give up," Nuru added as she nuzzles her sister, which she returns the gesture.

"Yes, I'll keep in mind that," Kiara replied.

"Kiara! It is the time!" Simba said as he walked in with Kopa following behind him.

"Yes, father." Said Kiara.

"I expect a tasty meal soon." Kopa teased as he gives his sister a nuzzle. "You'll do great out there."

"Count on it," Kiara replied, nuzzling her brother in return.

With that being said, the royal family followed Kiara out of the royal den where the pride is waiting for them.

"She's going to do great!"

"Good luck, Kiara!"

"Make us proud!"

"You got this!"

"My, how you've grown!" Said Sarafina.

"Have faith in yourself, my sweet granddaughter." Said Sarabi.

"You'll do great out there!" Said Vitani.

"You can do this!" Said Zuri

"I believe in you!" Said Tiifu.

Kovu approached her and gave her a lick on the cheek, "Say safe out there." He said.

"Be careful." Said Afua.

"Thank you, everyone." Said Kiara.

"Oh, and Kiara?" Simba called to her, making the lioness pause and look at him. "Be careful out there."

"Yes, father." Said Kiara as she glanced at her family and pride one last time before ascending below pride rock and going to the hunting grounds to put all her training to the test.

Meanwhile, Nuka and Kita are holding fire sticks in their mouths, waiting for Kiara to come their way. They've recently had came from the elephant graveyard with their sticks to light a fire from the steamy vents. (Like the ones Nuka and Vitani used in the movie.)

"Ugh! Where is that princess?" Nuka asked with impatience

"Dude! She should be on her way, so shut up and look in the horizon!" Kita growled.

"Hey! At least I'm the brains in this operation!" He retorted, getting in his younger cousin's face.

"Yeah, right! When did my mother and aunt Zira let you be in charge? Hmm?" He asked, smirking. Nuka didn't say a word. "That's what I thought."

Nuka opened his mouth for a comeback but dropped the fire stick on purpose, starting a fire between them.

"Nuka! You big idiot!" Kita snarled, throwing away the fire stick from a distance and slapping his older cousin upside the head, "This was supposed to be for the princess! Not us!"