Chapter 5: Fighting

Simba, Kopa, and Kion are back in the pride lands. They had made it towards the watering hole as Kopa and Kion sits down in front of their father. Simba sits down and gave his sons a hard glare, making them stare at the ground.

"Kopa, Kion. What were you two thinking today? You've could've been killed!" Simba scolded the two cubs, "What if Zazu didn't find me, your uncle, Tojo, Chumvi, or Malka in time?"

"Dad, we didn't mean to disobey you," Kion said.

"Yeah, we were only just trying to be brave like you," Kopa admitted, guiltily

"Sons, being brave doesn't mean you go looking for trouble," Simba replied, sternly. "And what's worse?" Neither cub didn't say anything but Simba continued," Kopa, you've put yourself and your brother in danger! You're the future King and I expect you to act like one!"

"Yes, dad. We're really, really, really, sorry." Kopa said, softly with tears brimming in the corner of his eyes.

"We will never do that again," Kion added. "That's for sure."

Simba bent down and nuzzled both Kopa and Kion, "I thought I might lose you two. I love you both and your mother, sister, and the rest of our family and pride.

"I guess Kings get scared too, huh?"

"Yep." Simba nodded.

"And you know what, dad?"

"What is it?"

"I bet those hyenas were even more scared than you."

"Because nobody messes with your dad."

Simba raised his paw and scooped up Kopa and Kion, giving them a playful noogie on their heads.

"Oh, no! NO!" Kopa yelled.

"That tickles!" Kion also yelled as he and his brother squirmed out of their father's grasps. They ran past the watering hole and ran around the fields.

"Gotcha!" Kopa and Kion shouted, pouncing on their father and nibbling on his ears. Simba lays down and his sons sat on top of him. Kion jumped down and got in between Simba's paws whilst Kopa laying on top of Simba's head. It was dark in the pride lands and the stars shine in the sky.

"Dad?" Kopa began.

"Yes, Kopa?" Simba said.

"We will always be together forever, right?" Said Kopa

"Yes."

"When Kopa becomes King one day, what'll happen to me?" Asked Kion

Simba thought to himself before answering, "You'll be a second-in-command. That way, you can help Kopa out when he's doing some kingly duties in the future."

"Oh, ok," Kion said, slightly disappointed, he had secretly hoped he could rule alongside his brother. Two Kings will make the pride lands more powerful than the other prides, "But, dad. Is it ok that I can rule alongside Kopa?" He asked with a hopeful look, "With two kings of the pride lands will make it be more powerful than the rest of the neighboring prides."

"I'm sorry, Kion. But being King or Queen of the pride lands only goes to the cub who's the oldest in the royal family." Simba said regretfully.

"But, that's not fair!" Kion yelled, feeling jealousy coming over him again. "Kopa and Kiara were born together! How come you couldn't just pick one of us instead?"

"Because we have to follow the royal traditions!" Simba answered sternly, "Your sister will be the leader of the hunting party and you can be second-in-command."