Chapter 2: Punishment and Bonding

Author's note: Hey, guys. I see you're enjoying my story so far. However, this is the second part of my story and I hope you all will like it.

Kopa had woken up with a slight headache. He groaned and opened his eyes and saw he was back at pride rock. Last thing he remembered when he and Kiara were in the outlands being teased by a strange cub. And this lioness came out of nowhere and confronted them, hitting him with her paw making the young prince fly into a tree, knocking him out. He got up slowly and saw his family staring at him with watchful eyes, "Kopa, are you alright?" Asked Nala.

"Yeah, mom. I'm ok. Just have a headache." Kopa responded, rubbing his head. Kiara walked over to her brother and nuzzled him, "Please don't scare me like that, Kopa." She said

"Don't worry, Kiara. I won't."

"That's good because you both disobeyed me about going to the outlands." Said Simba, making both of his cubs bow down their heads, "C'mon, Kopa and Kiara. We're going to have a talk about this."

Simba walked out of the den with Kopa and Kiara following behind him. Nala sighed and rubbed her expanding belly, the cub inside her was doing cartwheels and kicking inside of her womb. She knew this cub will be just like Simba was when he was a cub. Mischievous, Brave, and always getting into trouble.

"Y'know, Simba used to do the same thing when he was inside of me." A voice said. Nala turned and saw Sarabi walking towards her. The older lioness sat down in front of the younger lioness, smiling at her, "And I just know this cub will be just like him when it comes out." Nala felt her cub kicking her again and she said, "Yes, and Kopa and Kiara will have someone to play with, they'll protect their baby brother or sister from any danger."

Sarabi nodded before standing up on her paws, "I appreciate your offer for letting me take over the hunting party again. Simba's just worried about you hunting and he thinks it's bad for the cub."

"I know, but I was only a week pregnant by then. He was so overprotective and wanted me to have an escort to follow me wherever I go. Just the same as he does to Kopa and Kiara." Nala said.

Sarabi chuckled, 'Simba's is very paranoid and overprotective of his family. Maybe I'll have a little chat with him later when he gets back.' She thought.

"Hey, Sarabi. When are we going to get ready to hunt? It's already lunchtime." A lioness named Kira said, walking towards them.

Kira is a young lioness who's slightly younger than Simba and Nala. She has a bright yellowish tanned fur with a white underbelly, paws, and muzzle. She has aquamarine eyes with a light brown tail tuft and nose. She has a small hair tuft on her head and has a large spot on the top of both ears. She was an adolescent during Scar's reign and is now a young adult. A month when Nala was pregnant with Kopa and Kiara, she had gone on her first solo hunt and had successfully had caught an antelope. She shared her kill with the pride and Nala had approved her to join the hunting party with the other lionesses. To this day forth, Kira has been in the hunting party ever since she first had her solo hunt. She's been doing better than before and has been listening to Nala's instructions.

"We will go in a minute, Kira. In the meantime, meet up with the other huntresses and I'll be there shortly." Sarabi informed. Kira nodded before running back towards the entrance and met up with the other lionesses who are participating in the hunt.

"Nala, tell Simba I want to have a word with him when he gets back."

"Sure thing, Sarabi."

Sarabi then turned around and walked over towards the other lionesses who are waiting for her near the entrance of the den. Meanwhile, Simba, Kopa, and Kiara are the watering hole. Both cubs looked down at the ground, not giving their father eye contact. They realized they're going to be punished for their actions.