Chapter 12: Home Sweet Home

A day has passed, and Kion was good again. Kiara has helped him adjust to the pride and change him completely. He had enjoyed her company, and sometimes Nuru decided to join in on the fun of spending time with her older siblings. Everyone in the pride lands had forgiven Kion for his sins and misdeeds as he was just a cub being manipulated by the outsiders. Because of Kiara's speech yesterday during Kopa's funeral, everyone had learned to forgive and forget. It was now nighttime in the pride lands; Kion was outside by the watering hole, feeling guilty for his actions still. He sighed before looking down in the water to see his reflection. He saw an image of Scar, looking evilly at him.

"You did a great job, Kion! You've killed one of Simba's brats!" Said Scar.

"No! I regret killing my brother!" Kion yelled at the reflection, "I promised I wouldn't hurt anyone else again! And yet I've broken that promise, and now look what happened!"

"Yes, but you did as they trained you to do. To kill and get power!" Scar replied.

"No, Scar!" Kion said sternly, glaring at the reflection. "I may have killed Kopa, but I am remorseful, unlike you!"

"You killed Mufasa over the throne and took over the pride lands. Have you ever felt guilty for killing your own brother?" Kion questioned. Scar didn't answer and just shook his head, "That's what I thought. Now, I never want to hear anything from you ever again!"

"No, you fool! You have decided to betray me?" Scar asked.

"Yes, I betrayed Baraka, Zira, and those other outsiders because I don't want to fall down the wrong path ever again! And you on the other paw have deserved the karma for murder, lying to the pride, and being a tyrant!"

Scar was getting angry with Kion by the second, "How dare you! You traitor!" Scar shouted, "You will regret this one day! Just you wait, Kion!"

"I won't regret anything from you!" Kion argued back as Scar's image faded away. Kion sighed stressfully before laying down on the ground to collect his thoughts about Scar being in his mind. Suddenly, a voice called him, "Kion!"

He got up and saw Tiifu walking towards him with a smile on her face. Kion smiled back at her before saying, "Hey, Tiifu."

"Hi, Kion." She greeted back, "I just came by to hang out with you. Is that ok?"

"Sure." He said, nuzzling her.

Both lions nuzzled each other as their hearts beat at a fast pace. Kion and Tiifu are meant to be together forever, "Hey, let's go for a walk." Said Kion.

"Sounds like a plan," Tiifu remarked as they both walked from the watering hole.

'Can you feel the love tonight?'

'The peace the evening brings.'

'The world, for once."

"In perfect harmony, with all, it's living things.'

Kion and Tiifu made it to a small pond and bent down to drink some water. Kion stopped as he looked at Tiifu's beautiful light green eyes. Her creamy coat shined in the night sky while the stars shone below them.

"So many things to tell her. but how to make her see?" Kion sang, looking at Tiifu while feeling partially guilty for hurting her feelings a few days ago.

"The truth about my past? Impossible! She'd turn away from me."

Tiifu stopped drinking the water as Kion walked towards her slowly. This gave her a worried look, and she begins singing, "He's holding back, he's hiding. But what, I can't decide. Why won't he be the prince I know he is, the prince I see inside!"