Chapter 8: Murder and Exile

Alright, guys, I'm here with another chapter. Things are getting worse every day for the pridelanders, and Kion turns darker and more evil than before.

Warning: this chapter contains character death with mild blood and gore. Please read at your very own risk.

Kovu, Kiara, and Tiifu ran back to the proud rock to tell Simba about Kion, who had decided to join Zira and her followers and refused to return to the pride lands. Kopa and Vitani talked to each other until they saw the three lions running into pride rock with worried looks on their faces.

"Kiara, Kovu, and Tiifu. What's going on?" Kopa asked

"Yeah, and why are you three acting as someone had died?" Vitani asked, raising an eyebrow

"Kopa, Vitani, you both won't believe us if we tell you." Said Kiara. Just then, Simba, Nala, Zuri, Afua, Nuru, and the rest of the pride had emerged from the den, "What is this I hear about telling us something?" Simba asked, looking at the five lions.

"I followed Kion to see what he's up to since he was acting weird." Several of the pride was murmuring; they knew Kion kept his distance from them and became bitter and mean every day, leaving pride rock all of the time.

Tiifu continued, "As I made it to the border to talk to him, he lashed out at me when I admitted my feelings towards him. I wanted to be his future mate, but he rejected me and said he didn't love me back."

This statement caused the whole pride to gasp. They looked at Tiifu, who's on the verge of crying. Tama walked over towards her daughter and nuzzled her in comfort.

"We had a little argument, and he got so mad that he hit me, making me fly into a rock!"

Kopa, Kiara, and Nuru were shocked about this. Their brother was changing, and they were anxious about him, "He also pinned me down, yelled at me, then scratched me." She said she shows her scratch marks on her forelegs to prove her point. Everyone gasped again in horror; they never knew Kion would become violent.

"He also said he would never come back and revealed he had joined Zira and her followers. The reason why he's been leaving pride rock and sneaking out at night because he's training with Zira behind our backs!" Tiifu finished as she collapsed on the cave floor, sobbing. The pride was shocked and furious.

"I can't believe it!" Kira exclaimed, "Kion has turned against us!"

"He's acting like Scar!" Subira yelled

"He's a traitor!" Asante shouted. "I used to help with his anger issues, and now my therapy sessions aren't doing a great job to help him. Not even Rafiki's sessions aren't helping him at all!"

"If he comes back, then we will kill him!"

"He's one of them!"

"He will kill us if we don't watch out!"

"I feel bad for Tiifu. Poor lioness."

"Kion will pay!"

The lionesses yelled and roared in anger for the youngest former prince. They were furious about Kion betraying them. Simba then let out a roar, silencing everyone.

"Enough! You all will not do much harm to my son!" He bellowed, glaring at every lioness and lions in the pride.

"But Simba, he has hurt my daughter!" Malka said with an angry look, with Tama nodding with agreement.

"Yeah, and what are we supposed to do about it?! Let him get away with everything?" Chumvi asked, furrowing his brows. "Kula and I will not tolerate him trying to hurt Zuri as well!"