chapter eight // getting ready.

"Pick a dress, any dress," said Reeja as she shoved me into her huge closet.

I grinned ear to ear and willingly searched through her closet full of about 56 dresses. I loved the feeling of wearing dresses; it felt like my whole body had room to breathe, and it helped me feel confident.

I was lucky enough to be about the same size of clothing as Reeja. I didn't usually buy fancy clothes, considering I didn't go out to important events much. But when I did, it got ruined considerably fast due to running in my tree-covered backyard.

I pulled out a ruffled, blush pink ruffled dress; it contrasted perfectly with my brunette hair and hazelnut brown eyes. I topped it off with a pair of white flats and a pearl necklace.

Reeja grabbed my arm and guided me into the bathroom where she pulled out a stool for me to sit in. She took the curling iron to touch up my already-curly hair.

"Gosh, you're beautiful," Reeja gaped as she looked at me. I heard that from a lot of people, but I never quite believed it. Dad says I got it from my mother; everyone's jaw would drop whenever she walked into a room.

I checked my phone to see the time. It was about 2:00 and the palace was 30 minutes away from my house, so I needed to get going. I gave Reeja a long heartfelt hug. She always gave the best hugs, it instantly calmed my nerves.

"Thank you for everything."

I grabbed my keys and hopped into my car. I turned on the radio and got ready for the ride ahead of me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**also sorry the chapter names suck lol it's hard to come up with names okay!? 😂😂 i regret choosing to name each chapter 🤦‍♀️😂**

and note from future me, i'm rereading this, and holy- sorry for the short chapter!