chapter ten // the interview.

I watched the doorknob on the walnut brown door slowly turn to let me in.

"Hello! You must be Gracey Anne. Nice to meet you! I'm Melody Fernsby, Queen Kaitlyn's assistant,"

"Nice to meet you too, Melody!" We shook hands and she led me into the room to sit down.

The room was very cozy. I stepped on the soft maroon carpet and let my feet sink in. In the center of the room was a walnut wood desk with two comfortable chairs mirroring each other. I took a seat on one of the chairs, sinking into the cushions, as I took a look around the room. There was a big window that showed a view of the palace grounds, surrounded by colorful fall trees.

"How are you?" Melody asked.

"I'm doing very well, thank you! You?"

"Pretty good! Now if you don't mind, I'm going to ask you a few questions,"

"Ok, go ahead,"

"Could you tell me who you work for at the moment?" Melody asked the question I'd been dreading; I've never had a job.

I took a deep breath before I spoke. "Actually, this would be my first real job. I do babysit almost every day if that counts, though,"

"Oh yes, I'd count that as a job. How long have you been babysitting?"

"Since I was 10 years old," I had really started when I was 8. I don't think it's legal for 8-year-olds to babysit, so I thought it would be best to disregard that detail.

"And how old are you now?"

"18. So I've been babysitting for 8 years,"

"You're very experienced!"

Melody continued to ask questions and I felt it was going very well. Reeja and I had practiced for the interview before coming which helped me feel so much more prepared.

I heard the door burst open. I whipped my head around after having the wits scared out of me. Standing at the door was a boy my age. He had charming blue eyes and fluffy ruffled hair.

Prince Niall Horan.

He was about to speak but immediately closed his mouth when he noticed me. He just stood there and stared. I felt the butterflies in my stomach go out of control. I held his gaze, unable to look away. There I was, face to face with the mystery prince.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n

WHY did i use to write such short chapters.