chapter thirteen // new home, new life.

"Bye Gracey, I'm going to miss you so much," I pulled away from Reeja's embrace, tears threatening to leave my eyes as I bid her farewell. "Promise to call me every night?"

"Promise."

She blew me a kiss and waved goodbye. I watched as her car turned into a speck in the distance.

I turned back around, not daring to look behind me again. I was going to face my new life with confidence.

This was it. I could finally say goodbye to my past. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and walked toward my new home.

"Gracey! Welcome! I'll show you to your room and then we'll get started on your training," Melody greeted me at the palace gates. She led me inside the palace and started up a large set of spiraling stairs.

After passing many beautiful corridors and running up flights of hundreds of stairs, we made it to the 4th floor; the floor the Royal Family stayed at.

I will be living in the same corridor as the Royal Family.

"This is Prince Greg's bedroom–" She pointed to our left, the first door in the corridor. "This would be Prince Niall's bedroom–" She signaled the door mirroring Greg's. "You are not to disturb them. We've had many incidents with girls your age coming in for a job only to flirt with the boys. There are consequences for those actions that will cost you a lot,"

"There goes my plan — Kidding! Kidding!" Melody didn't seem to think my joke was as funny as I thought it was. She gave me a cold stare and I immediately closed my mouth.

"This room would be Queen Kaitlyn and King Bobby's room, and across from it is my room. If you need anything you can either find me here or at my office. Next to my room is Prince Christian's room, and across from that is Prince Adrian's room. Your room will be right next to Prince Adrian's, at the end of the hallway. Get settled in there and knock on my door when you're ready to start training."

I gasped as I walked into my new room. The walls were a modern marble design with plenty of famous paintings covering the walls. Straight across from the doorway was a big window overlooking the forest behind the palace; it was a rainbow of fall colors. The window had a seat covered with throw pillows and blankets, making the perfect place to stay up and read all night.

It was a room fit for a princess.

There seemed to be a theme of pastel pink around the room, with the bed covers and the curtains the same color.

I jumped onto the big queen-sized bed, sinking into the comfortable mattress. I laid my head on the throw pillows, all of them varying in color. Some white, some gray, and some sky-blue.

I finally got the will to leave the bed and explored the rest of my room. There was a walk-in closet across from the bed, the wardrobe already full of clothes. This would be Reeja's dream.

Next to the closet, there was a big bathroom. The jet tub seemed like it could fit 5 people. There was an array of soaps; many different scents to choose from.

I walked back into my bedroom and found another small room. It was a little sitting room with a big sofa, a fireplace, and walls completely covered with bookshelves. I walked towards the nearest shelf to find many of my favorite books. There was even my personal favorite, 'Entwined; by Heather Dixon'. I would probably be spending most of my time here while the princes had their tutoring.

After unpacking all my things I knocked on Melody's door to start the training. As she led me down the stairs to our first stop, I pulled out a notepad and a pencil to write down everything I needed to know. As it was only 10:00 in the morning, we went down to the first floor to eat our breakfast.

"You must be down here for breakfast by 8:00 every morning. Staff eats here. Don't worry about waking up Christian and Adrian, their mother wakes them up and they eat breakfast as a family in the main hall," Melody explained. I nodded and she introduced me to the rest of the staff. They all seemed like very kind souls and I was excited to get to know them.

"This is Juliet, she's the head chef," A girl with dirty blonde hair, who looked a few years older than me, waved as she handed me my breakfast: a plate with a cinnamon roll and some crispy bacon. The smell of the food instantly made my stomach growl. I took a seat and dug into my food. I wondered if this is what heaven would taste like. . . .

"After you finish your breakfast, you will walk into the lobby and wait for the princes," She led me into the lobby and we took a seat on the soft cushions.

Moments later the Royal Family arrived.

"Sit up straight! Be polite!" Melody whispered. I started silently panicking; I didn't realize the whole family would be greeting me. . . .

"Hello! You must be Miss Gracey!" A beautiful woman with long, shiny, light brown hair greeted me. It was the Queen.

I immediately stood up from my seat to greet her and shook her soft hand. Next to her, was King Bobby. I took his hand too, smiling as he asked me how I was doing. I then turned to shake Prince Greg's hand. I was then faced with Prince Niall; he shot me a big grin and took my hand.

"Nice to meet you, Gracey! You look very beautiful by the way!" I felt my face flush red. He seemed to notice, as his glowing grin grew wider.

"Nice to meet you too, Nia— er— your highness? Uh— Prince—"

"You can just call me Niall!" He laughed; just his laugh could brighten up the entire world. I felt my already-red-face turn even darker. I always do this to myself. "And good luck with these two," He gestured to Adrian and Christian. "They're massive trouble makers,"

The two princes and their parents disappeared upstairs to their duties and left me with Melody, Adrian, and Christian. I looked down at the two boys. They seemed very similar, both kids had very light brown hair, both styled like Niall's hair. They both looked up at me and beamed.

"Nice to meet you, Miss Gracey!" Adrian exclaimed in his sweet small voice.

"Yeah, nice to meet you!" Christian added.

How could these two be trouble makers? They seemed like little angels!

"Aww, aren't you two just the cutest?" I realized I spoke a little too soon, as they then pulled their hands out from behind their backs and immediately splashed coffee onto my new pants. They both dashed away as fast as they could, Melody yelling and running after them. I just stood there, dumbfounded, as I stared at my pants. That stain wasn't getting out any time soon.

This was going to be an adventure.

———————————————————————————

a/n

i hope you like this chapter!! it's definitely one of my favorites so far!! <3

p.s i hope you like the new cover 😂❤️