chapter nineteen // it's beginning to look a lot like christmas.

Niall POV

I  was left with a permanent grin on my face, reaching up to my eyes; last night was the most amazing night of my life. I was lucky enough to have Gracey warm up to me so fast. I got to know so much about her. It just felt . . . right.

    Gracey and I stayed up until around 3 AM when Gracey finally drifted off to sleep. I carried her off to her room bridal style — which is very tricky when you're on top of a 5 story building.

    I was only able to get only 4 hours of sleep. When you're in the Royal Family, you even have to wake up early on weekends. We don't even have any duties, it's just our free time and family days. And thank goodness we have them.

    I groaned when I walked into the dining room — Melody was joining us this morning. I avoided her glare as I quietly sat down in my seat. We all sat in silence for a moment. I was surprised Melody wasn't snitching on me like she always does.

    Melody was the one to finally break the silence. I tensed up in my seat, trying to think of an excuse just in case she was about to tattle. "So . . . what do you think of this Gracey girl? I don't think I'm very keen on her,"

What does Melody have against Gracey? I don't think it's possible to not like her. Then again, Melody doesn't like anyone; she'll be an angel at first and turn into the devil once she finds the slightest imperfection. I can't even count the number of times I've gotten in trouble with her.

    "I think she's a wonderful girl, very sweet," Kaitlyn chided. Kaitlyn was the kind that loved everyone. She's the sweetest and everyone loves her dearly. She's a true queen at heart.

    "Yeah! Gracey's really fun to play with!" Christian agreed.

    Adrian then chimed in, "And she reads us bedtime stories and plays with us!" He beamed.

    "Well, that's just the problem. I always find the three getting up to something they shouldn't. The girl rarely disciplines the boys!" Melody argued.

    My father joined the discussion, unfortunately joining Melody's side. "I agree with Melody, I think the boys need someone strict to discipline them. They can be rowdy boys and that's not good for two princes. We don't want the world thinking 'The Royal Family doesn't know how to discipline their children'!"

    Dad used to be a very fun person until my Ma died. Her death took a toll on him and he fell into a hole of depression. Kaitlyn was able to help him out of this 'hole', but he never gained his old self back. He's a lot more serious, now that he's royal.

    I'm lucky enough to say I'm not like my dad.

    "I disagree, Bobby," Kaitlyn began, "I think the boys need a role model, someone they can look up to. They're not going to look up to a strict old goblin, are they? They'll look up to someone who's a friend to them. And Gracey is just that." She seemed to be hinting at Melody's attitude. I couldn't help but let out a giggle.

    "Well, what about you, Niall?" Melody urged me to join in, and everyone's eyes moved toward me.

"I think she's the most stunning, kind, bright, intriguing girl I've ever met," I was tempted to blurt out. I quickly shoved those thoughts out of the way — who needs all this lovey-dovey stuff anyway? "I think she's quite lovely," I spoke softly, however, blush crept up on my face, giving me away.

I heard Christian giggling. Adrian joined in, and I caught a smirk on everyone's face.

"What?"

"Ooooh, you like her!" Christian teased, causing the whole table to erupt into laughter.